My 1972 Dormobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BO JANGLES said:
Looking good, it's well exciting when it gets this close isn't it 8)

Exciting, but I'm terrified I'm going to mark the paint as I try & get it back together. I'm trying not to rush but I've only got one weekend left to get it together & MOT'd so I can make it to Big Bang :shock:

Just found this one taken by the bodyshop as I headed home 8)

dyn006_original_640_480_pjpeg__0377.jpg

Should have some more pics from this weekends progress later.

Love that pic :mrgreen:

Looks like you are going for the ultimate light weight version so you can join the USB club ;)

gninnam said:
Love that pic :mrgreen:

Looks like you are going for the ultimate light weight version so you can join the USB club ;)

Not so lightweight anymore, all doors & glass back in.

Failed MOT today though :x . Need to fit a balljoint before Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!

New ball joint's in (thanks to a lot of help from a mate, cheers David). Off to the re-test now.

gninnam said:
Dave M said:

Fantastic news :mrgreen:

Made up for bud - now go and enjoy ;)

Think I went & enjoyed it a bit too much. Still recovering this morning :D .

Had an awesome weekend which made all the hard work over the last couple of weeks worth while. Just need to sort a few little jobs this week as it's due to be on our local club stand at Stanford Hall on Sunday.

Finally got time to sort some more pics. Still needs bumpers & a few little bits but almost there,

busbits010-1.jpg

busbits012-1.jpg

busbits013-1.jpg

busbits011-1.jpg

Your bus looks wicked 8) Love the colour ;)

Enjoy driving the thing now :mrgreen:

Finally got round to fitting the bumpers, hopefully get some better pics at the weekend when we're in Devon :mrgreen:

busbits016.jpg

Fitted a new floor at the weekend, pretty good match to the original Dormoblie cabinets,

busbits015.jpg

busbits014.jpg

The bus had it's first run to the coast after it's winter overhaul. Spent 4 nights in Woolacombe with some friends over the bank holiday,

DevonMay2010020.jpg

DevonMay2010056.jpg

Our friends headed home on Tuesday, but as the weather was good we moved on to Croyde for an extra couple of nights,

DevonMay2010071.jpg

DevonMay2010005.jpg

Headed home on Thursday & decided to take the coast road home. Seen some awesome views & the van ran faultlessly for the 650 mile round trip. Porlock hill was fun though :shock:

DevonMay2010004.jpg

DevonMay2010001.jpg

DevonMay2010083.jpg

Great pictures dude and soo glad the old girl never let you down 8)

Latest posts