My 1972 Dormobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice Bus mate..... loving the colour.... job well done!

Glad you enjoyed Woolacombe and Croyde.... thats exactly where I'm heading the day I finally get my Bus back on the road?

:D

Hi DaveM

We also stopped on the same site as yourselves at Woolacombe...pity you headed off before we got chance to say hello...great week though and I hope you had a good time!
Furthest we has travelled in Gus and everything went fine...best sight was a line up of about 15 buses on the sunday on Marine Drive in Woolacombe!

Paul

gusbus said:
Hi DaveM

We also stopped on the same site as yourselves at Woolacombe...pity you headed off before we got chance to say hello...great week though and I hope you had a good time!
Furthest we has travelled in Gus and everything went fine...best sight was a line up of about 15 buses on the sunday on Marine Drive in Woolacombe!

Paul

Sorry we didn't get a chance to say hello.

Was this the buses from Sunday?

DevonMay2010019-1.jpg

Some friends of ours were in it as part of the SSVC OCD tour.

Spring is here so it must be MOT time.

Checked the van over at the weekend & booked it in for this Saturday.

Taking the van over to the trimmers tonight, hopefully it should have a new interior in time for Stanford Hall.

Planning to re-trim everything in vinyl, any suggestions on styles greatfully recieved as I can't make my mind up. :?

Flew through the MOT on Saturday :D :D .

Don't know what to do with myself now as normally I've got a list of jobs to do in April to get ready for the summer season but this year I'm all sorted.

Just waiting to get the samples from the trimmer for final colour choice then it's time for the interior make over.

Managed to get all the seats & door cards out on Saturday. The guy doing the re-trim for me has just picked them up ready to start work tomorrow morning. Hopefully it should all be back before Stanford Hall. Going to paint a few interior bits while the seats are out to freshen up the interior paintwork. :D :D

Was a bit weird driving it back into the garage with no seats!!!! :D :D

SAM_0254.jpg

SAM_0255.jpg

SAM_0252.jpg

gninnam said:
Looking forward to seeing the pics of the re-trim :mrgreen:

That makes two of us, I've been promised i'll have it back before Satnford Hall. It'll be an intersting drive if I don't :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ps. yours looks like it's coming along nicely.

Dave M said:
That makes two of us, I've been promised i'll have it back before Stanford Hall. It'll be an interesting drive if I don't :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ps. yours looks like it's coming along nicely.

The drive would be interesting like you say if the trim isn't back in :lol:

Yes, mine is moving forward but not as quick as I would like but that's life ;)

Just realised I still haven't posted any pics of the finished re-trim. Got it back just in time for Stanford hall & really pleased with the work.

Here's a couple of pics, I'll try & get some better one's at the weekend.

006.jpg

008.jpg

That, my friend, is looking very sweet 8)

Looking forward to the next set of pictures :mrgreen:

gninnam said:
That, my friend, is looking very sweet 8)

Looking forward to the next set of pictures :mrgreen:

Thanks, just got to clean it after a recent trip to Devon then I'll get some pics up.

Might be taking it Busstopover so need to clean it before then, so I can stick it in the battle of the bays. :D

Finally got my ass in gear today & took some decent snaps of the re-trim. To say I'm chuffed is an understatement :D :D :D :D

Running out of jobs to do, don't know what to do with myself now :lol: :lol: :lol:

SAM_0533.jpg

SAM_0532.jpg

SAM_0531.jpg

SAM_0530.jpg

SAM_0529.jpg

SAM_0528.jpg

SAM_0527.jpg

Dave M said:
Running out of jobs to do, don't know what to do with myself now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finish mine off :lol:

That is looking really tasty 8)
Notice you have ditched the spare and gone for the full size bed - how does that work out as will probably do the same to mine :D
Did you have to do anything to the table for extra support under the bed (no, I am not saying you are a heavy weight, just that the bed rested on the cupboards ;) )

Cheers

gninnam said:
Dave M said:

Finish mine off :lol:

That is looking really tasty 8)
Notice you have ditched the spare and gone for the full size bed - how does that work out as will probably do the same to mine :D
Did you have to do anything to the table for extra support under the bed (no, I am not saying you are a heavy weight, just that the bed rested on the cupboards ;) )

Cheers

Theres a base box & amp mounted where the spare used to live :D . Not sure what i'll do if i get a puncture, I've got a can of tyre weld but can't say I'm over confident if I had to use it.

The full width bed was the only thing I missed from my old Westy so I decided I had to have one again. Haven't done anything in the way of extra support on the table & it's been fine for the last 3 years. Even stands up to my 8 year old using it as a trampoline :shock: :shock: .

Cheers for the reply (though you never offered to finish mine off :( )

Will look to definitely do the same to my interior - as in the full width bed :D

gninnam said:
Cheers for the reply (though you never offered to finish mine off :( )

I really am getting bored with nothing major to do, but your a bit far away. :) :) You're making great progress anyway, won't be long before your behind the wheel.

Think I need a new project to get stuck into while I enjoy the bus. My dad's got a 69 bug that he's been planning to restore for the last 16 years but never started. It's just been sat in his garage. I might try & prise that from him to keep me out of trouble :lol: :lol:

Latest posts