My 67 westy ( The speedmaster)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a few more pics!!
Not the best as taken with phone!!
An thanks again for all the nice comments :D
photo15-1.jpg

photo110.jpg

photo19.jpg

photo17.jpg

photo16.jpg

photo3.jpg

I missed that old bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good to see your still enjoying it Wilf!!

I really regretted selling it too you once it had gone (Hence, i now have another!! :roll: )

Still looks sweet, but not too sure about the super narrow beam ( tim said youd been in touch about this), Never been a big fan of narrow.Thought it sat really well before, and it drove really well for being so low, but hey each to there own obviously bud, as long as you like it, thats all that counts.

Really good to see it on here again, and to know its still being looked after!

Enjoy!! :D

windsurfer said:
It is sweet, how does the moon eyes gauge fit. The mounting plate is curved isn't it?

Cheers :mrgreen:

the Moon half sweep tacho has a curved plate but also a flat one that goes against the curved one for mounting on a flat panel...

Monkeyspinner Tim said:
windsurfer said:
It is sweet, how does the moon eyes gauge fit. The mounting plate is curved isn't it?

Cheers :mrgreen:

the Moon half sweep tacho has a curved plate but also a flat one that goes against the curved one for mounting on a flat panel...

I might just have to buy one from you then Tim, EB discount ;) :lol:
Thanks for the advice :mrgreen:

Hi stu!
I did hear from a mate of mine that you`d got rid of the porsche!!
But am glad you managed to find another nice bus an it looks super solid too!!
Im still lovin the speedmaster an looking after it well, just looking forward to the summer so i can go away camping in it again!!
Hope ya ok dude?!
Cheers
Wilf :)

Awesome pics 8)

Such a perfect stance, Do you think that is about as low as you can go without notching/tubbing?

Looks spot on :)

You had another day off work ya slacker !!!!!!!!Check me out was at work till 1 oclock thats graft,lookin swell pal !!!!

freddie said:
Awesome pics 8)

Such a perfect stance, Do you think that is about as low as you can go without notching/tubbing?

On a Aug 69 onwards you'd have to notch the front for the track rods to have it that low because of the different front chassis legs, the earlier ones kick up more.

when i had this bus it was as low as you could go at the front definately without tubbing. the rear is also as low as you can go without notching for the driveshafts at least, they are pretty close but not a problem...

gingerporsche said:
Hi stu!
I did hear from a mate of mine that you`d got rid of the porsche!!
But am glad you managed to find another nice bus an it looks super solid too!!
Im still lovin the speedmaster an looking after it well, just looking forward to the summer so i can go away camping in it again!!
Hope ya ok dude?!
Cheers
Wilf :)

Yeah had a little fun in the porsche, it then went to a classic car dealer who took it round europe for a week for a rally, ( he rang me afterwards to say it never missed a beat!) then did the bits of bodywork it needed and sold it on again!

Were all good thanks, hectic as normal!! Looking forward to summer too, been missing my camping trips since that bus went! Got stuck into the new bus now, hopefully have it all tidied up by the spring! No doubt will catch up with you at a show for a beer at some point. Not hard to find you in that bus!! :D

Monkeyspinner Tim said:
freddie said:
Awesome pics 8)

On a Aug 69 onwards you'd have to notch the front for the track rods to have it that low because of the different front chassis legs, the earlier ones kick up more.

when i had this bus it was as low as you could go at the front definately without tubbing. the rear is also as low as you can go without notching for the driveshafts at least, they are pretty close but not a problem...

Ah ha, mine is a late 68 so i should be able to go this low then, i presume i will still have to notch the front to go lower than this to alow room for the tack rods. I was this low at the back of my old bay so will probably have to look into notching that too to go a tad lower :)

Cheers, Freddie.

Latest posts