my 68 singlecab

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

single68cab

Reaction score
me and some of my friends pulled this truck out of a field in Gratin, California. My friend saw a add on craigslist for a free double cab and single cab, he called and left a message. the lady called back but he was on the shitter. he soon returned her call and found out that the double cab has just been spoken for. so we took a truck and trailer up there and got the single cab. it took us about 4 hours to get it on the trailer. we had no tools and it had 3 flats, 2 seized drums and a missing stub axle.

the owner of the truck died and the daughter was just giving it away. we went up there expecting a grungie old lady to show us the truck but to our surprise it was was beautifully pro surfer chick.
it wasn't mine when we got it home. i had a 69 cal-look bug at the time, and when i saw the single cab i liked it so much i traded for it.

Ive been working on the truck for about 6 months now and have been driving it for about 3.

so far Ive rebuilt the brakes, new windshield, lowered it, cleaned up the motor, grafted in a rag top, and put a stereo in. (you can have a big sub with a generator)

singleinterior.jpg

68single1.jpg

singlerag3.jpg

singlerag1.jpg

newparts1.jpg

rearend.jpg

engine.jpg

brakeafter.jpg

gastank.jpg

subbox.jpg

welcome to EB 8)

i've never seen a ragtop single cab before, with the SoCal weather it would be sweet.

Johnny said:
welcome to EB 8)

i've never seen a ragtop single cab before, with the SoCal weather it would be sweet.

Rare as earwig plop if orig :D

Hello and welcome dooder 8)

yeah the weather is perfect here for a rag. my buddy found it at a garage sale for $20. so i bought it from him and put it in. it was made to go on mini truck like an S10. didn't take to long to put in ether.

single68cab said:
yeah the weather is perfect here for a rag. my buddy found it at a garage sale for $20. so i bought it from him and put it in. it was made to go on mini truck like an S10. didn't take to long to put in ether.

a bargain! wish it was warm enough here to have the rag open all the time :( :mrgreen:

Latest posts