My '71 import bus turned up today!! Excited

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodgins

Reaction score
Finally got my import bus from the freight yard today. Very pleased as it is better than the pics showed it. I was also surprised to find an original, almost as new condition, westy mozzie net for the rear tailgate and it still has intact mozzie screens on the louvres windows too! 8)

Do we think he`s making it all up ?????????? ;)
Is he just having a very nice dream ???????? ;)
Will he get some pictures up before we all get too excited and pass out from waiting ?????? :shock:
Does he know it`s free to put up piccies ?????? :lol:
Maybe he don`t know that we likes piccies,,,,,,,,:roll:
I guess he`ll pop them up in a minute when he`s read the `How To`s ` about posting pics :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Hurry up will ya :lol: :lol: :lol:

lmao, you got me! I had to go to the pub to work out how to put pics up first.....

It's got an interesting history too. An entomologist used it to live in the deserts while studying the insects there 8)

ps, what's the deal with vin decoders? Mine starts 231, all the ones on samba etc start 21 for the year range :?:

It's getting a little wet n dry then a coat of clear satin laquer. Waxoil underneath, a scrub inside. New curtains(apart from the cupboard one) and new seat covers through, fuel filter moved out of the engine bay, new window rubbers, n the front wheel taken off the front. Lowered just a touch and a propex heater. Then it's getting used! :cool:

Hodgins said:
ps, what's the deal with vin decoders? Mine starts 231, all the ones on samba etc start 21 for the year range :?:

Go here http://www.vw-mplate.com/mcode.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and enter all your details in off the m code plate behind the drivers seat and it will all make sense :)

I had a funny feeling about this one, I thought he`d come good with the piccies ;) Took a fair bit of prompting though dinnit :roll: Looks a beauty though and that roof box is one of a kind I think. Look forward to seeing it and you and some of the events this summer :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Roll on summer :p :mrgreen: :p

Remember this one?

Well the brakes bound on the way to it's first MOT ( turned out the discs were pitted to buggery) which caused the cluth to sip, causing the engine to bust out it's oil load.....

So a bigger bill again at the garage to put that right as well....

Finally picked it up with it's mot, got 3 miles down the road and the engine gave way. Cue a scary drive back being towed on yhe back of my mates T5 down narrow country hilly roads.

Made it back to the unit 7 hours later. Of all times the sat navs decided they didn't know where they were going.

Engine case was split to find no 3 big bearing was WAFER thin and quite a bit of play in the rod n you know the score there. So rebuild time.

Engine is now rebuilt and *touchwood* all driving well. There's a bit of diff whine but nothing I'm massively worried about.

So now it's a drive it and work through the niggles :msn4: :mrgreen:

Wow, doesn't look as traumatic written like that up there does it?!so expect me to be on here a bit more with Q's now lol

I like the fact that, in another thread you are asking for pics of drinks holders. :D

Now that is what I call getting your priorities right. :lol:

Nice bus BTW, loving that roof box (usually an absolute no-no IMHO) :D

Kev

Lol, I like my costa on the run. What can I say :D

The roof box had to go. I'm of the vertically challenged variety and couldn't get it on and off by myself. Really wouldn't of been practical for a daily driver on the fuel side of things. And not practical to get mates round before and after every trip I wanted to use it either. Am gutted as I really like it too.

Latest posts