My fanatastic Dubs at the Castle weekend.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE LAST PANZER

Reaction score
Well me and Rach got to the castle at about 10 o clock on Thursday morning and had our first contact with Dave who was running the show and all i can say is what a nice chilled out guy, we just drove in and he let us set up camp and get sorted after that he just said 'when your ready go up to the gate and get your wrist band in your own time fella' at that point i knew it was going to be a chilled weekend. On the way down the weather was a bit hit and miss but as turned out it was an absolute blazer. The V I P camping area we had allocated was almost like a vw village it had a real good vibe about it. I also had a chance to meet some new guys and gals on here like Creationblue, Born again bay man, Hee Bee gb, Toffo, Simo, Axle foley, Bonzo(can't rember the numbers), Spence68, No power no responsibility and then some of the usual suspects Ozzie, Clem, Faux and is it. There are some more but can't remeber real or user names :oops:

All i can say about all the people i met is what ace characters they made it really good weekend. Hee Bee GB it was a pleasure to help you and meet you ;)

We did the tour around the castle and i thought it was great as we didn't do it last year. Overall the entertainment was very good for both adults and kids. The EB lineup on the Saturday was very good and Sunday had a good turn out. I would just like to say say i think the organisation of the show is A1 from the entertainment to the facilities supplied and i did hear a whisper that there were some trouble but we didn't see anything and i hope this doesn't effect future shows at the castle. There is always a mindless minority in a large crowd. Well done Dave for a cracking show and all who helped.

Just a quick point which is personal to me and is my own opinion, The Sunday show itself had way to many T4s, T5s, Golfs and such it even had a SEAT :shock: i felt it probably pushed some of the aircooled owners out. It just felt a little bit wrong but this is only my opinion other than that great show and i can't wait for next year.

We stayed an extra night and had a camp fire with Simo, Toffo and Bonzo and it was the best night of the whole weekend thank you for making us feel so welcome we had such a laugh.

DSCI0324.jpg

DSCI0325.jpg

DSCI0329.jpg

DSCI0341.jpg

DSCI0363.jpg

DSCI0361.jpg

DSCI0360.jpg

DSCI0362.jpg

DSCI0359.jpg

DSCI0358.jpg

DSCI0357.jpg

DSCI0356.jpg

DSCI0355.jpg

DSCI0354.jpg

DSCI0353.jpg

DSCI0351.jpg

DSCI0347.jpg

DSCI0383.jpg

DSCI0382.jpg

DSCI0381.jpg

DSCI0380.jpg

DSCI0379.jpg

DSCI0378.jpg

DSCI0377.jpg

DSCI0372.jpg

DSCI0371.jpg

DSCI0370.jpg

DSCI0369.jpg

DSCI0368.jpg

DSCI0367.jpg

DSCI0366.jpg

DSCI0365.jpg

DSCI0364.jpg

DSCI0403.jpg

DSCI0402.jpg

DSCI0401.jpg

DSCI0400.jpg

DSCI0399.jpg

DSCI0398.jpg

DSCI0397.jpg

DSCI0396.jpg

DSCI0395.jpg

DSCI0394.jpg

DSCI0393.jpg

DSCI0392.jpg

DSCI0390.jpg

DSCI0389.jpg

DSCI0388.jpg

DSCI0387.jpg

DSCI0386.jpg

DSCI0385.jpg

DSCI0384.jpg

DSCI0423.jpg

DSCI0422.jpg

DSCI0421.jpg

DSCI0420.jpg

DSCI0419.jpg

DSCI0418.jpg

DSCI0417.jpg

DSCI0416.jpg

DSCI0415.jpg

DSCI0414.jpg

DSCI0413.jpg

DSCI0412.jpg

DSCI0411.jpg

DSCI0410.jpg

DSCI0409.jpg

DSCI0408.jpg

DSCI0407.jpg

DSCI0406.jpg

DSCI0405.jpg

DSCI0404.jpg

DSCI0443.jpg

DSCI0441.jpg

DSCI0439.jpg

DSCI0438.jpg

DSCI0437.jpg

DSCI0436.jpg

DSCI0435.jpg

DSCI0434.jpg

DSCI0433.jpg

DSCI0432.jpg

DSCI0431.jpg

DSCI0430.jpg

DSCI0429.jpg

DSCI0428.jpg

DSCI0427.jpg

DSCI0426.jpg

DSCI0425.jpg

DSCI0424.jpg

DSCI0446.jpg

DSCI0447.jpg

DSCI0448.jpg

DSCI0449.jpg

DSCI0450.jpg

DSCI0458.jpg

019-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

DSCI0452.jpg

020-1.jpg

I have to agree with you, it was a fab weekend and it was great to meet you too. I had a really chilled weekend, really well organized, and great vibe.

I didn't mind the newer VWs being there. I remember when I went to BugJam in the 90's with my mum's old Polo, it was really cool to be accepted into the fold, even though you're aware your ride is no where near as cool as the others! Although I must agree the SEAT was a bit random - my daughter pointed it out and said "what's that doing there!!!" If she had her way she'd add the T25's to your list of unwelcome visitors!

Really impressed with all the vans, and loving your microbus THE LAST PANZER! :)

NoPower-NoResp said:
I have to agree with you, it was a fab weekend and it was great to meet you too. I had a really chilled weekend, really well organized, and great vibe.

I didn't mind the newer VWs being there. I remember when I went to BugJam in the 90's with my mum's old Polo, it was really cool to be accepted into the fold, even though you're aware your ride is no where near as cool as the others! Although I must agree the SEAT was a bit random - my daughter pointed it out and said "what's that doing there!!!" If she had her way she'd add the T25's to your list of unwelcome visitors!

Really impressed with all the vans, and loving your microbus THE LAST PANZER! :)

Yeah great to meet you to fella and if i had my T25s would be on that list to.......Shush :lol:

Hi Jim

great time had by all...So nice to me you a Rach and the dogs ....

cant wait till the next time dood...

oh well there is always new year.. parking for at least 8 bays in the courtyard outside..

;)

Toffo

Really good to me you, Rach and those boss dogs James.
Was a fantastic weekend, meeting really good people at such a great venue, all captured perfectly in your snaps. I think we'll do the four nights next year!

Take it easy

Gary

Ps I've been scouring the classifieds for a mobility scooter! 8) :lol:

sparkywig said:
Nice to see you again Jim.
We'll be back camping next year. :)

Looking forward to it already fella, it was good to catch up with you dude, i'll sort these bits out for this steering box soon

Heebee_GB said:
Really good to me you, Rach and those boss dogs James.
Was a fantastic weekend, meeting really good people at such a great venue, all captured perfectly in your snaps. I think we'll do the four nights next year!

Take it easy

Gary

Ps I've been scouring the classifieds for a mobility scooter! 8) :lol:

You and your family are fantastic and down to earth we had a top time meeting you, i'm glad Emily is getting used to dogs again :)

P.S I've already got a mobility scooter ;)

P.P.S Love your bus

Spence68 said:
Good to meet you and your better half too dude :D

Nice pics of my bus by the way ;)

Your bus is awesome dude and i wish mine was as cool as yours, Me, Rach and the dogs had a fantastic afternoon meeting you and your family we hope to see you again next year or maybe at another show :D

toffo24 said:
Hi Jim

great time had by all...So nice to me you a Rach and the dogs ....

cant wait till the next time dood...

oh well there is always new year.. parking for at least 8 bays in the courtyard outside..

;)

Toffo

We haven't had a good laugh round a camp fire like that for ages fella it was the highlight of our holiday thank you for making us welcome, we can't wait for next year. You never know fella we might just turn up for new years eve ;)

Bloody hell listen to you rockafella 'parking for eight in the courtyard' we don't even have such things up north :lol:

Shorty said:
good to catch up with you on saturday chap... we will also be camping next year!

Yeah it was great to catch up.........can't wait for next year it sounds like its going to be a belter :D

hehe. It's the first time that i've seen my bus photographed in someone elses thread and it is making me smile LOADS! mine was the neptune blue and black detailed porsche themed bus.

glad you had a lovely time. I can't wait to get to a show for the whole weekend

NaFe

Hi Bud glad you Guys had a Top Weekend :mrgreen: Yeah Remember you turning up at 10am :lol: Well all i can say is a Top Weekend even tho i Didnt get to See Anything :shock:

already planing New things for Next Year ,,,,,, ;)
Dave ,,,,Sleeping :lol:

Haveacamper said:
hehe. It's the first time that i've seen my bus photographed in someone elses thread and it is making me smile LOADS! mine was the neptune blue and black detailed porsche themed bus.

glad you had a lovely time. I can't wait to get to a show for the whole weekend

NaFe

Hi, i didn't get chance to meet you at the show but your bus spoke loads about you, there are no words i can put on here other than WOW it was a pleasure for my eyes, what a testament to your skills.

I hope we get chance to have a yak about it some day.

is said:
Hi Bud glad you Guys had a Top Weekend :mrgreen: Yeah Remember you turning up at 10am :lol: Well all i can say is a Top Weekend even tho i Didnt get to See Anything :shock:

already planing New things for Next Year ,,,,,, ;)
Dave ,,,,Sleeping :lol:

We'll be there at the same time on Thursday next year fella i wouldn't miss that show for anything, who needs bug jam :D

Thanks for a great show.

Latest posts