my first complete build 69 bay deluxe from Texas

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popped in and saw this in the workshop while you were away for the week, starting to take shape and well worth all the hard work and sleepless nights, soon be shiny side up and ready for more photo's.

Heah fella thought your were keeping it original colour, if you want a change how about the same but in matt finish, seen it on a van and it looks the dogs danglies. you could always keep stock colour and add a white roof.

Yeah I know, just keeping you on your toes, why do you want to change colour though? thought you were dead set on keeping it the same, and what colours did you have in mind.

just a quick update
been refurbing parts,sorted windows out with new rubbers and trims
909636e6.jpg

a3a6b678.jpg

e48cb83b.jpg

sorted out origanal dash as this was butchered by previous owner ,all the padding was removed by me good ol m8 Dave,then the middle panel was cut out and replaced ,prepped and ready for primmer
DSC02892.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

the front has been beaten back it shape ,Can been seen b4 in previous photo on thread,the bottom panel has been replaced as there was a few perforations of the ol rust demon,
IMG_0503.jpg

And here with a smile once again
IMG_0519.jpg

And Yes she is staying the original Brilliant blu

Well another update on my bus,
Things not moving as fast as I thought but the good news is she will be in paint mid December so early chrisy pressy.
The offside was hiding a few rust demons ,not bad but in awkward places that took a bit of time just getting the rotten metal out with doing to much damage to the good metal
Here's a few pics before she goes into full primmer.
e9483e3a57b92c67db45f73459732f70.jpg

4aa2fa2d2eff565f8afce468843ec37d.jpg

8585d9cdb8f497c11938f3c03188a554.jpg

Plus finished off restoring one of the rear quaterlights ,had to replace the lower pin as rusted out and a few bits of metal replaced in the frame .....well pleased of how it turned out
702f17300ff78bd6d29772a9016b8112.jpg

After a year or so Ive got back to job in hand
Cab now painted in Cloud white

Engine bay repainted in 2k Brilliant blue

Newly built 1641 twin port engine and recon box now back in.

Lesson to learn ! When you've pained the door earlier don't paint the bumpers to close
As when you go I'm the next day you think that was lovely a smooth yesterday(plonker)
Flat and paint again !!! All good !

Been a while since putting any pics up and been asked where is my bus so many times ,well as most know it takes a lot of time and money to get it right ,Bus should have got top coat last month but my m8 has been so biz that I've not been able to get it in the oven but been reassured it will be be in paint b4 then end of month ,fingers crossed spent a lot of time on the electrics but well worth it .
Few pics
image.jpg1_1.jpg
image.jpg3_1.jpg

Adjustable spring plates on

Wireing loom in and all working after hrs and hrs :evil:

WOW Looks Great!!

Gotta love the magical moment of unmasking bet you can wait to start bolting bits back on :)

Latest posts