My Lowlight Resto DU88US

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice van and loving all the work pictures 8)

Keep those pictures coming :mrgreen:

Ok, quick question for you guys, does anyone reproduce the support panel behind the engine lid hinge panel?

The panel in behind the orange piece.

This panel.

A bit more work on the front end to get it really smooth.

I wasn't happy with the radio opening being the new single din size, so I've used one of my spare dash boards as a donor to return it to the original size.

It's been a while since iI've posted any progress pics, so here are a few to get you by.

All the door gaps have now been sorted.

Everything underneath has now been seam sealed, as well as an ultra fine coat of gravel guard.

The bus still has the original 1600 single port in it, so I don't want to fiddle with it, so I'll be putting the motor out of my beetle into it, which is an 1835cc, as well as a 091 2ltr Kombi gearbox that I've got floating around here.

It's all leading up to me being able to do this again!

So, I picked the old girl up last weekend, and to say that I'm happy would be an understatement! Just waiting for the doors, tailgate, and dashboard to be delivered, and I can get started.

Very nice
Looks like my van,only half way thru the rust work atm
Is it a factory colour?
Chris

Mine is pastel white,wasnt sure if yours was.
What size wheels/tyres are you running ?
Love the sprintstars

So today I cleaned up the front beam, and rear suspension as well, getting them ready to fit this week.

I also trial fitted the deluxe reverse lights too.

Nice work on the beam and suspension and the reverse lights look lush - nice job.

So there was a little bit of progress this afternoon, managed to fit the beam, and brake lines, all a little bit tricky by myself, but I managed. Next thing to do is get the bloody bushes out of the trailing arms.
I'm a little bit disappointed with myself for not replacing the shocks, as they have all the stone chips in them, and some surface rust on them as well, but they're still in perfect working order, so I couldn't justify it.

Awesome rebuild mate. I'm in Perth and have the same coloured 69' panel van. Do you have any photos of the bus colour v's the colour of the bumpers? I'm taking mine back to original colours and want to see how big a difference there is between the two colours. Cheers

Latest posts