My New Project...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jailed up

Reaction score
As i dont have a van to do this winter i thought id better get some of my other projects on the go!!
OK so its not a bus but if anyone is interested ill keep it updated, I have 5 petrol pumps at various stages of restoration and a finished one in my kitchen.
Im now starting this beckmeter,its pretty straight with little rust so shouldnt take to long,I havent decided what style to do it in yet so i will get it all repaired and in primer while i think about it!
100_0661.jpg

100_0662.jpg

100_0663.jpg

Heres one i done earlier, A pretty rare 2 stroke pre-mixing pump!
tashweddingeve347.jpg

Nice and retro - like it 8)

Daft question time....are you restoring them as working petrol pumps or do you mod them into other things? Like sound systems, computer setup's e.t.c?

theres 2 old cream coloured pumps down the side of a house near us .. ( look fitted ..)

been there years i think ..

Ill try and get a pic if anyones interested..

Hilly

Araon said:
8) you twat you given me something else to think about :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lard said:
Nice and retro - like it 8)

Daft question time....are you restoring them as working petrol pumps or do you mod them into other things? Like sound systems, computer setup's e.t.c?
The two stroke pump is a drinks cabinet in my kitchen, I get rid of most of the heavy internals because thet weigh a ton! And then shelve it out and hinge the front door. I have another pump that i am doing for my son to have in his room as a cd/dvd cabinet. This will be red and yellow with a shell globe and decals..
pump.jpg
8) 8)
The best thing is if you can find one they are not that expensive and are a nice easy project if you just want something to tinker with...
AxlFoley said:
thats cool, where do you go about finding something like that ?
smaller village garages might have one out the back somewhere, alot of farms had them aswell so keep an eye out!!
Hilly_70 knows where there is a couple...There is no harm in knocking on the door and asking :D Ebay aswell...
Hilly_70 said:
theres 2 old cream coloured pumps down the side of a house near us .. ( look fitted ..)

been there years i think ..

Ill try and get a pic if anyones interested..

Hilly
Yes please.. :D

a few more pics if anyones interested, all the hard work is done. Im now waiting on a new globe,some glass rubber,clean up the hose and nozzle and a few other bits but this is pretty much as it will look....
faces before and after refurb..
100_0665.jpg

100_0698.jpg

one side panel prepped,the other primed...
100_0668.jpg

the stripped frame
100_0667.jpg

and nearly finished
100_0697-1.jpg
100_0694.jpg

100_0695.jpg

Latest posts