My New SO67R Camper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've missed a few steps here (also including buckets of sweat and a concerning quantity of blood), but here is the finished product!

A very proud gent in Saumur, Loire Valley, France

DSC01814.jpg

DSC01781.jpg

DSC01772.jpg

I'm really happy with everything, in particular the interior (although keeping it clean may prove a challenge!) and also the paintwork, I paid a very good price for the paintwork and it's a great finish and I have already recommended him to a few other people on here. Similarly the interior, Adrian does all the work personally and is a great guy, the pleats he makes are all individual pieces of vinyl which he glues foam to the back of each piece the stitches the together to give that 'bumpy' luxurious feel to it, he also did my trimmed my kickpanels and cab mats in some seagrass carpet I'd sourced, his attention to detail is second to none.

DSC02093.jpg

DSC02096.jpg

DSC02090.jpg

DSC02089.jpg

Re covering all the westy interior proved a real toughie but I really like the way it brightens the whole bus up. I must also big up my sister who had a sewing machine for her birthday and the first thing she's sewn is my curtains, cushions and table cloth! She's done her own dining room curtains since and appears she has quite a talent for it!

There are still a few bits and pieces that I'd like to do but I think there always will be - isn't that the point of all this, it's hobby, so it's never really finished right?! :msn4:

hi matty , that looks stunning. thankyou for the oppertunity to do the interior retrim. its was a pleasure. cheers ade and toni. :D

Love the interior, really fresh & Light

(God, I really sound like Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen :shock: :shock: :shock: )

Looks good though mate !

Fantastic 8)

Great job with the exterior and interior - glad it worked out for you :mrgreen:

I'm another owner of one of these South African SO67R's, and I was just wondering what paint colour you used to paint yours - is it Mango Green?

Hi Matty

That is looking terrific, what a transformation. Great to see you getting out and about and enjoying it and look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

I do still miss my SO67R, as pleased as I am with my blue project bus, which is still being tinkered with (you are right the hobby never ends), I miss the SA yellow/green paint job and low lights. - must be some therapy class I can enroll on somewhere :lol:

Can't beat an Arizona Yellow bus :mrgreen:
must be only 4 in the country, on the samba they're described as 'ultra-rare'. :)

I’ve just come across this thread. I have a 1970 SO7R too, very rare vehicles.

Do you still have yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Matt still owns it, it was in our workshop last year and is due in again fairly soon

Brilliant to hear. We have an SO67R group on Facebook for anyone that’s keen to join. Be good to track these buses down - get a meet up.

Just saw this, I'm also busy reworking my 1970 So67/R serial No. 0.0129.
I am just about to paint it in the original Light Blue.
If anyone has 1/3 2/3 seat covers in brown I would be interested.
Covid was a good opportunity to start getting this Bus into shape.

https://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=34801

Looking good! I can’t remember what number mine is - I’ll take a look! There’s a few in the UK but not many.