My Sheila

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swartie

Reaction score
only got 1 photo of her at the moment, it it isnt a brilliant one.

Sheila is an Aussie import, I had her resprayed earlier this year and a new engine with twin dells fitted.

Hopefully i will get her interior done over the winter. then lower her slightly and go back to stock wheels.

anyway here she is

Newsheila.jpg

Welcome aboard ... nice looking earlybay ..whats the panel in the side - mains hook-up ?

thanks earlybay

the panel in the side is where the gas bottle is kept thats for the gas bottle.

i must admit i prefer it outside as it makes it easier to get to (maybe not so good in the winter)

Hey dude great bus!

Nice to see the odd strange mods on vans.

Maybe we should start up an unusual mod section??

Welcome welcome welcome :D

yeah, i doo like the weird things, but i have seen a few aussie buses with this mod

i have got a louvre window i want powder coated and fitted and i would like to go back to stock wheels. I also have an aluminium step to fit and at somepoint fit my cab quarterlights.

still a lot to do.

The panel is for the LPG bottle alright, it is a mandatory mod for rego here in Aus. As the gas is heavier than air it is dangerous stuff if it gets out of the bottle. I think you will find a couple of vent holes in the floor somewhere near the fridge as well. Make sure they aren't blocked and you will have a nice safe bus for years to come.
David

Whilst restoring my van i found some holes in the floor new the fridge, didn't know they were vent holes and have welded them up. B@LLOCKS! Get the cutter out.

yep that silver panel at the bottom is where my fridge sits. that is just a nice big hole there to vent the gas out if it leaks.

problem is i took my van to be cleaned a few weeks ago and the guy with the pressure washer had a lot of fun cleaning that until i shouted at him to stop will filling my van up. got home took fridge out and dried everything out

plonker.

will clean it myself next time

i am still torn. i love the wheel on the front but i dont want to ruin the front panel.

when i had it resprayed i asked them to do the bars as well and it turned ot nicer than expected. i do like the look of them on the front.

also it is part of her history, i have photos of her doing a tour of aus with them on.

but it does look nice without the wheel as well.

i dunno. i will leave them on till i get tired of them

swartie said:
i am still torn. i love the wheel on the front but i dont want to ruin the front panel.

when i had it resprayed i asked them to do the bars as well and it turned ot nicer than expected. i do like the look of them on the front.

also it is part of her history, i have photos of her doing a tour of aus with them on.

but it does look nice without the wheel as well.

i dunno. i will leave them on till i get tired of them

I'd keep it as it is, like you say it's part of it's history, plus it looks great with it on.

Looks like someone was staying at Trencreek!

We stayed there this summer, there is a great underground van thing happening there me thinks.

When were you there? :wink:

first weekend in aug i think was the ripcurl boardmasters compo.

i think that was the name. not a bad little campsite actually and the pitches were huge

Thats when we were there!!! mad, we were at Porth beach for a couple of days and then onto Trencreek, Bruce from on here was at Trencreek all that week. (His is the black bay in the gallery and mine is the beige one) We were camped on the corner by the top toilet block. 8)

easy said:
Thats when we were there!!! mad, we were at Porth beach for a couple of days and then onto Trencreek, Bruce from on here was at Trencreek all that week. (His is the black bay in the gallery and mine is the beige one) We were camped on the corner by the top toilet block. 8)

If you were at Porth Beach you should have come over to NDC @ The Mermaid on a Wednesday, we always get loads of guys over from there. They want to know why there are loads of Dubs in the carpark.

Latest posts