MyVanWay California Westfalia tintop....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you offer westy trim repairs you'll be busy I reckon! :)

Tell ya what, its Soo smooth and quiet compared to the Toyota!
Super Impressive and if you check it out on Youtube it punches through thick leather like butter! ............Nice. 8)

Cant wait for Trace to sort the Mustard vinyl. Going to start with the stool first. :D

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

Then Rock and roll bed.

aogrady said:
Oh, westy retrims, yes please! x1 here.....

And pull your finger out and make me up some Etsy Westy fabric curtains whilst you got the needles going....

Cheers!

Alistair

See how things go with ours first, and if your impressed..... 8)

I think there might be a market there for refurb work maybe!?
(Helps keep the van on the road!!)

The curtains cost quite a bit in the end coz the width wasn't there and Tracy wanted them to the exact sizes so it took a lot of material to make them,
and they were double sided not single with white black out. (Patten on both sides)
With Dirtyharrys measurements and studying the stitch patterns Tracy done a mint job.
Not OG.... New oldskool I call it!

Also we are making a few things for toffo on here as to show what else we can do besides our Buddybox... 8)

I will look into this as things progress with ours, Tracy is keen but depends on demand how
Far to take it! And time is so precious with a little one. :D

If it all goes well I guess you could be our first Guinea pig! Alistair!!! :mrgreen:

Day off today, so dug out the Old OG mustard vinyl to start restoring it.... hopefully! :)

20130325_094059.jpg

Decided to give it a good scrub first as it was pretty grubby! :|
If the misses catches me doing this im in the shit!!!!!

20130325_124430.jpg

20130325_123659.jpg

Came up real good!
8)
20130325_123707.jpg

Used Flash kitchen cleaner as its good shit!!

20130325_124021.jpg

Just between us then!! 8) ;)
Looks like ive been spring cleaning!!!!! :mrgreen:
20130325_125116.jpg

What she duznt know.....and all that! :oops: :mrgreen:

Bigbear said:
Ooooooo what a cracking arse! :p

I love the exhaust, it's very subtle. I was wondering though, would it still fit with over riders?

Mr Brightside did it on his. 8) (Link):
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26453&start=220" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First bit to do.
Spare wheel cover, The outside (Window facing) is badly sunburnt and stale.
going to take it apart ant replace just this part.

20130325_133446.jpg

20130325_133522.jpg

20130325_133544.jpg

Front side is near mint.

Pleased with how clean they camp up.

20130325_145226.jpg

20130325_171746.jpg

20130325_171728.jpg

20130325_171702.jpg

Went round to get some crap out the van my tool kit etc... Went to fire the van up....
Dead....!!!! Nothing!? no lights!! flat batteries.......As I had left the Amp on since coming back from Ninove!!
*************************C O C K******************************* :oops:
Put them both on charge, Left the Leisure battery on a slow charge but put the main battery back on tonight after
24 hours charge and still shit nothing!! (Interior light worked but very dim!!....Like me !! :oops:
Jumped first time though!!

New battery me thinks.....Which one?? 065? best one for the price! Any suggestions/recommendations welcomed. :)

myvanway 69 said:
Went round to get some crap out the van my tool kit etc... Went to fire the van up....
Dead....!!!! Nothing!? no lights!! flat batteries.......As I had left the Amp on since coming back from Ninove!!

If only you had fitted a head unit!

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

myvanway 69 said:
Bigbear said:

I love the exhaust, it's very subtle. I was wondering though, would it still fit with over riders?

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26453&start=220" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I spoke to Dan at Volksworld about this, he said if you tell him what spec you want they'll make you the right shaped exhaust 8)

r73 said:
myvanway 69 said:
Bigbear said:

I spoke to Dan at Volksworld about this, he said if you tell him what spec you want they'll make you the right shaped exhaust 8)

That's very handy to know, il be investing in an exhaust over the summer and mr brightsides is exactly what I'd go for.

StuF said:
myvanway 69 said:

If only you had fitted a head unit!

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

:shock: :lol:

What battery do you have Stu (Starter/Main)?

Hi mate - for my both my main battery and leisure I am running a couple of these

Banner Energy Bull Leisure Battery 95551 12V 72Ah

http://www.totalbatteries.co.uk/i-Banner-Energy-Bull-Leisure-Battery-95551-12V-72Ah-I8268.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Work a treat and were still holding 13v and 16v respectively after not running the bus since Ninove so are pretty robust even in these very cold conditions.

myvanway 69 said:
aogrady said:
Oh, westy retrims, yes please! x1 here.....

And pull your finger out and make me up some Etsy Westy fabric curtains whilst you got the needles going....

Cheers!

Alistair

See how things go with ours first, and if your impressed..... 8)

I think there might be a market there for refurb work maybe!?
(Helps keep the van on the road!!)

The curtains cost quite a bit in the end coz the width wasn't there and Tracy wanted them to the exact sizes so it took a lot of material to make them,
and they were double sided not single with white black out. (Patten on both sides)
With Dirtyharrys measurements and studying the stitch patterns Tracy done a mint job.
Not OG.... New oldskool I call it!

Also we are making a few things for toffo on here as to show what else we can do besides our Buddybox... 8)

I will look into this as things progress with ours, Tracy is keen but depends on demand how
Far to take it! And time is so precious with a little one. :D

If it all goes well I guess you could be our first Guinea pig! Alistair!!! :mrgreen:

I never got around to getting the fabric, i would never get around to doing it, it would sit in the garage with all the other bits "waiting" And as you say, with a little familly also, time is scarce. Even though my Mum has giving me a sewing machine - it's way older than me, and probably not man enough.....

I think we all look for little avenues to make a bit of coin for the bus fund, mines westy mozzy mesh and overider edging, though it's a small pot, every little helps as they say.

Look forward to seeing what else you produce, I'd quite happily guinea pig for you! :lol:

Cheers!

Alistair

Latest posts