MyVanWay California Westfalia tintop....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooooo what a cracking arse! :p

I love the exhaust, it's very subtle. I was wondering though, would it still fit with over riders?

Bigbear said:
Ooooooo what a cracking arse! :p

I love the exhaust, it's very subtle. I was wondering though, would it still fit with over riders?

I dont think it Duz, however i have seen a guy on here cut one down to fit.
The other option might fit as its a hide away tail pipe version.
VintageDan is a member on here and can offer more advise on fitting etc.

Cheers Brett. :D

myvanway 69 said:
Hi Shaun,

I made a tray to lay the pieces in and done a test on the two small pieces that sit on the front door pillars to make sure I got it
strong enough, left it for about 30min then took it out and rubbed it down with a scouring pad and left it for another 30 min.

Bearing in mind i had already wet and dried most of it first you might want to leave it longer & make it stronger.
you will know when its off coz it returns to its normal untreated state (White with lots of light scratches.) You will know.

But its knocked 3/4 off the time id guess!! :D

Give it ago and let me know how you get on Shaun.

Hi Paul, bus is looking awesome ........ Your relentless. :)

Planning to soak my westy window frame but been racking my brains as to what i could make a tray from!?!? I've a load of plastic masking sheeting which i was planning to line the bath out with but I've a feeling it will soak through that. Will it then take the enamel off the bath? Besides, then I've got the problem of getting it back downstairs without dripping everywhere. Ahhhhh headache!

Cheers in advance

Nigel

rockandrollcamper said:

Planning to soak my westy window frame but been racking my brains as to what i could make a tray from!?!? I've a load of plastic masking sheeting which i was planning to line the bath out with but I've a feeling it will soak through that. Will it then take the enamel off the bath? Besides, then I've got the problem of getting it back downstairs without dripping everywhere. Ahhhhh headache!

Cheers in advance

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I got a long plastic tray from wilkinsons as I was unsure what it might do to the bath.......or what the missus might do to me if she found out! :shock:
Its very harsh stuff so I would definitely get something like a large plastic dish to put them in. Mine didnt melt so its ok with plastic, cost £3.00
I would imagine its great paint stripper so maybe not a good idea in an enamel bath.
Let me know how you get on. :D

bertrand70' said:
beautiful bus !!!!

just a shame not to have the good trims

this is for model 70 and after

I know they are not the right ones for the year, but Im happy with them, My bus my rules. ;)

:D

20130318_165418.jpg

20130318_165354.jpg
[/quote]

I didn't build this for your appreciation I built it coz it meets mine!!! 8)

I've got the wrong trims on my bus but I like them :) I've got the early trim, a bit more round like a splitties but, as you say 'my bus my rules'...it would be boring place if we were all the same...

does not hurt your excellent bus I just say for the information of the 68-69 bumpers are just a little different

myvanway 69 said:
rockandrollcamper said:

Cheers in advance

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I got a long plastic tray from wilkinsons as I was unsure what it might do to the bath.......or what the missus might do to me if she found out! :shock:
Its very harsh stuff so I would definitely get something like a large plastic dish to put them in. Mine didnt melt so its ok with plastic, cost £3.00
I would imagine its great paint stripper so maybe not a good idea in an enamel bath.
Let me know how you get on. :D

Well..... After I posted I thought of the large container but unfortunately matalan/morrisons/tesco round my way didn't have any. So in short I've got a rare day off on my own, theres snow on the ground so can only do indoor jobs and the mrs is at work........ Yeah I used the bath. Double lined tho. I'm not a complete idiot :)

hu9udy8y.jpg

It was like a scene from Dexter.

Left it an hour and it worked an absolute treat.

Cheers for passing on your research

Nigel

rockandrollcamper said:
Well..... After I posted I thought of the large container but unfortunately matalan/morrisons/tesco round my way didn't have any. So in short I've got a rare day off on my own, theres snow on the ground so can only do indoor jobs and the mrs is at work........ Yeah I used the bath. Double lined tho. I'm not a complete idiot :)

hu9udy8y.jpg

It was like a scene from Dexter.

Left it an hour and it worked an absolute treat.

Cheers for passing on your research

Nigel

Cool. 8)
You can see it oxidising (Bubblez & Foam). cuts out no end of hard work...I know! :roll:

Keep us upto date with how it goes Nigel.

Jay71 said:
I've got the wrong trims on my bus but I like them :) I've got the early trim, a bit more round like a splitties but, as you say 'my bus my rules'...it would be boring place if we were all the same...

We should swap then J !!?? ;)

:mrgreen:

Quality! Nice touches as ever Paul. Just needs a lowering touch now...

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Latest posts