narrowed but not tubbed.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K@rlos said:
72crewdude said:
Cheers . Yours looks cool.

I wanted the French slammer beam but graham said it won't go with my spindles and I don't want to start from fresh

A beam is a beam :|

I did explain why they wouldn't fit but you don't mention that??

A beam is a beam but the French Slammer set up uses modified lower arms to clear the beam and ensure the damper lines up perfectly, transporterhaus flipped spindles don't have modified damper mounts as standard so will foul the beam bolts thats why we only sell the FS set ups as complete Arm to Arm so we know the set up works and theres no blame as to where the fault lies if theres a problem in the set up.

T2D and others only offer a 3" beam to avoid this issue as they cannot guarantee what arms are going to be fitted.

Customer bus we did before Christmas, no tubs or notching, slight chassis shaving on the rear which we do as standard

34q8oqs.jpg

*Sam* said:
so the adjusters should be welded in the correct position.

Indeed they are. All beams have the adjusters in the stock position at their highest setting so will work fine with dropped spindles. If you're not using dropped spindles and want a lower adjuster position we can make a special no problem.

All beams over 3" will need slam arms so the shock runs vertical and doesn't foul the chassis bolts. We have these on the shelf as an exchange item. We've got beams too :shock: in 2", 3", 4" and 4.5" widths.

Graham L said:
K@rlos said:
72crewdude said:
Cheers . Yours looks cool.

I wanted the French slammer beam but graham said it won't go with my spindles and I don't want to start from fresh

A beam is a beam :|

I did explain why they wouldn't fit but you don't mention that??

A beam is a beam but the French Slammer set up uses modified lower arms to clear the beam and ensure the damper lines up perfectly, transporterhaus flipped spindles don't have modified damper mounts as standard so will foul the beam bolts thats why we only sell the FS set ups as complete Arm to Arm so we know the set up works and theres no blame as to where the fault lies if theres a problem in the set up.

T2D and others only offer a 3" beam to avoid this issue as they cannot guarantee what arms are going to be fitted.

I am quite new to all this graham and if I new how to explain what you said to me I would of. I am learning a bit now and it makes more sense . Cheers , Aaron

[photobucket] /photobucket]

All done now. I am getting some grinding noise behind the discs (i think) worse when i turn. How do i fix this?

Can you not work out what the grinding noise is by getting someone to turn the wheels whilst you are underneath, what set up have you got on the front?

Graham L said:
Can you not work out what the grinding noise is by getting someone to turn the wheels whilst you are underneath, what set up have you got on the front?

Hi Graham.

once its jacked up nothing catches. when on the ground its too low to see. gunna try and get it on some blocks tomorrow. I did have it on a ramp in that pic but it wasn't happening then so i thought it was fine. i drove it out of my garage yesterday and it started again.

I have t2d 3.5" drop spindles and transporterhaus 4.5" narrowed beam with lower slam arms.

Latest posts