Need a fuel pump in Ludlow

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisavx

Reaction score
We're currently sat at the side of the a49 near tarporley with a knackered fuel pump. We're hoping the trusty aa will tow us to our camp site and we can get a new fuel pump from somewhere. Does anyone near the area have a spare fuel pump we could purchase or any recommendations of somewhere to contact who can get one for us to fit before Saturday? We have a few spanners with us and it looks easy enough to replace.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Picture of the offending article
920cf9dfa5cf6cf4493b4443d3701b5a.jpg

VW Heritage etc. should be able to send one to your campsite fairly quickly

A familiar site, we're thinking of getting them to sponsor us. Fanny would look good in AA livery
a0c80689397996eca8eb44af214a90a2.jpg

Correct diagnosis of fuel pump, just waiting for a flat bed to take us to the site.

Can you tell we're bored waiting for a tow truck. Might have to break out the cobb and throw a few steaks on. Mooooooooo
87b1804b70d5e3463baf49656f1130fb.jpg

Near midnight delivery of fanny (phnarr phnarr). It's been a looooong day
a79355d2784855c46b586b589b0b404a.jpg

I've never been so happy to see a DPD van! New fuel pump fitted on the campsite and it's running. Proper test drive tomorrow to see if it was definitely that... fingers crossed.
ec4934918490f52fb99d35cc7261d406.jpg

We're back waiting for the AA on the A49 at battlefield again. This van feels like a battlefield [emoji23] god knows what it is this time. Something else fuel related I think. This has definitely taken some of the enjoyment from our holiday

The filter is brand new. It was clogged up with fuel pump innards on the way to Ludlow it then we cleaned it out and fitted a new fuel pump. Not sure if the push rod need a changing, the fuel pump manifold needs shaving down, the carb needs cleaning or the van needs scrapping [emoji23]. Needless to say we're all a bit pooped after taking 12 hours to do a 2 and a half hour journey. Waiting for muddy fields to get back to us to see if he can take a look at it and diagnose it. We limped the last 30 miles after being towed part way and it was a struggle. Down on power, no acceleration on the slightest of inclines and cutting out occasionally. It's also developed an intermittent rattle now [emoji58]

Sorry butty is your fuel filter in the engine bay after the fuel pump? If it is could crude be coming from the tank into the pump itself? The reason I ask is you say the filter was full of crap from the pump

Latest posts