New arrival :) 1970 camo

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shortened a rear bench today for the front just gotta refit backrest vinyl and mount it, cut 3 4x4 pieces out of the cargo area, ready for me to weld up then i shal do the small hole under the front bumper

9BD4482E-BE71-43C8-92FA-78D00052AC68-22140-0000092BC5226B84_zps22872764.jpg
trial fit before i stripped the rear down

Cool bus! Whats the plan with the interior? It looks empty now?
What size are those tires?

I think it was a splittie that had a sofa in front like yours, but it was flipable so when in camping mode, it was used to sit the other way, facing backwards.

I'll follow your build for sure!
Again, cool!

keep on keep'n on...
//Daniel Thelin

Thanks dude yea thats a really neat seat that u can buy but its really expencive :( its a budget build this :/, il get that tyre size for u i do know its 15" tho, plans are full width bed with a hob sink and fridge behind the seats and sort that abortion of a poptop :mad:,
Sound deading it this week whilst waiting for more welding supplies :)

Small update managed to tack a new roof piece in today between the showers and wind then ran out of wire so will finish that as soon as i get more, then i shall lead load it if i need, iv changed the bench back to original fronts now too and added a new battery tray slowly its taking shape

null_zpscebebad5.jpg

null_zpsdd737b33.jpg

so today i fitted a floor i plylined then a foam underlay then some flooring looks ok i think i still gotta edge it etc but its gotta come out as i found a tiny bit of crust on the floor underneath after i fittted it all :mad: oh i also made some quarter panels out of 3mm ply too but dont have pics of that

null_zps242b6796.jpg

null_zps4c0d8770.jpg

Cheers im tempted to give it a quick blow over in like a nato sandy colour but not sure yet :/

So this happened today :/ the front is old repairs i wasnt happy with
null_zpsa1015c00.jpg

null_zps94bf2cae.jpg

Im not quite sure what to do with this :/
Im gonna struggle to afford new floors but have access to new sheet steel :/ as im not intending on selling i might just replace all with that?
Ideally i would like to put new (real) floor in
null_zps27d964d4.jpg

So today i deleted the us side markers
null_zps7649674f.jpg

null_zps303d7152.jpg

Then i started to fix the floor got a bit more welding and cleaning up to do but its getting there
null_zps19b6179c.jpg

Its all welded flat so theres no (over) patches :)

So i picked up these last night, and have stripped them ready for vapour blasting
There kadrons and iv also picked up a complete 1300tp engine ready for a 1600 conversion
null_zps48cf7b95.jpg

So after a set of 1600 b&ps and a shop in somerset that can cut 1300 heads?

carbs are now stripped and at the shop for cleaning, is the pipe a balance pipe or would i connect a t piece for dizzy?

I have the Solex Kadron 40/44s on my 71 beetle paired with a 010 distributor (all my buses are stock for now.) The pipe between the carbs is a balance tube, which I didn't have so I made one out of rubber hose.

If you want to use a vacuum advance distributor with them you will need to have the left side carb tapped for vacuum. The manifold vacuum below the carb won't really do much for you.

When first seeing you post this I thought you had decided to get a 68 bus I saw on thesamba out in the middle of nowhere USA because it's painted very similarly!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1542416" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5249134.jpg

Latest posts