New engine in my bus!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamski

Reaction score
52848b9c-2b82-a954.jpg

So here it is just before the first run. 2276cc with a few extras!
I've got a NOS steering box, new fuel and oil system. I'm doing a little refresh inside too, but nothing much. Should be able to go for a ride on Monday.
Next year I'll probably get the gearing on the box changed to suit motorway cruising!
More pics to follow...

1 BHP (1 billion horse power)

I'm not sure. I don't think it will go on the strip, maybe once, more for the photo than the need to go below 18 secs. I'd rather not risk damaging what has been a big 'investment'.

More pics tonight if I can get all my work done...

I take no credit in building it by the way. That all goes to the guys at Auto Techniks.

Here it is in the bus, still the rear tin to fit, and a couple of connections to go, a custom breather will be fitted in the top right by the wheel arch and the MSD control box. I'll have K&N air filters on the carbs too. I will probably drill some holes in the engine lid, as the porsche fan really sucks in the air:

web.jpg

Im now putting the engine back in my truck, wish it looked like that!!!
Mine looks more like a plate of dog shit with a alternator sticking out of it compared ot that!

I'll be buying some new underwear at the weekend before a test drive with the Auto Techniks guys on Monday I think.

Also the work has included:
Replaced oil system
Replaced fuel system with those safe and modern hoses and connectors (not sure of the name)
New CSP exhaust
NOS Steering box

Once i have the van back, then I'm going to fit new belts in the front and back, and new cushions inside.

web.jpg

P1020839.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

adamski said:
Here it is in the bus, still the rear tin to fit, and a couple of connections to go, a custom breather will be fitted in the top right by the wheel arch and the MSD control box. I'll have K&N air filters on the carbs too. I will probably drill some holes in the engine lid, as the porsche fan really sucks in the air:

web.jpg

Wow like that :D

Man that looks so cool fitted you must be buzzing!, just a quick question should the oil cooler not be mounted the other way round with the fan on the top sucking air up to the cooler? (to be fair mine is probably the wrong way round)

Actually thinking about it i guess it depends which way you wire it up?

I'm not sure about the cooler, but I trust the guys at Auto Techniks who fitted it. To me, it would want to suck the air up from below, plus the air going under the van will provide some cooling. Also, I have a deep sump, and an oil filter which holds about 1 litre of oil.