New engine in my bus!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you who are interested, here it is on its first fire up on the test bench.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyqI1HAbPp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

froggy said:
Whereabouts are AutoTechniks?
Cant afford anything this year but maybe next........
They are just outside Epsom by the race track. I'll be there Monday if you want to have a chat with them. They are very very very good, and really nice guys.

Airtime said:
adamski said:
web.jpg

I bet you'll be needing that horn to let people know that they have to get out of your way! :shock:

Awesome piece of machinery! 8)

He'll still get people pulling out in front of him because they think it's slow. But with that engine he'll be able to just shoot past them and then blast the horn, flick the Vee's and disappear into the distance. 8)

adamski said:

Hi Adamski,

Just a couple of quick questions.. firstly the exhaust, looks like the CSP Python, did you have any issues with clearance of the engine mount? Or anything else?

And the oil cooler.. wondering where to mount mine. I've seen them all over. With the mounting point you've chosen, I'd be concerned about catching it on a rock or something while driving, say, in a beach car park, or campsite. I was thinking of mounting mine under the load area of the pickup, just behind the locker door (where the air vents start), I'm hoping this location will give enough breathing space to not preheat the cooling air to the engine (this is the concern of most people). Thoughts on this guys?

Lovely looking engine mate!

Rich

Hi Rich, sorry for the delay, I haven't been getting the emails saying the threads are updated so didn't realise you had put something.

Exhaust: Only the tail pipe is low. It catches only on very high speed bumps but hasn't really been a problem.

Fan: No probs so far, and we've been to a couple of campsites and stuff. It is better then under the front bumper, which is where I had one before. That was a nightmare.

I now have a 091 2 litre box which has massively improved the gearing. It flies on the motorway now, and the mpg has come right down (even with 48's), and I can cruise at 70 with ease

Hi mate, thanks for your response. So just to confirm, you have the CSP Python, is it a bus-specific version? For example CSP do a "CSP Python Exhaust System Type-1 Bus -71"

Interesting to hear that the change in gearbox improved your mpg, I guess that makes sense. I need to find a 2 litre box!

It is a specific version for the bay. You may need to shave the engine support bar, but only slightly. I would contact Machine 7, and tell them what engine, year etc. and they will get the right model for you.

My bus is not super slammed, but it is low-ish at the back. If your bus is slammed then, I wouldn't go with the CSP. I can post a picture if you like of my bus from the side to show the height.

The gearbox is great - they aren't too easy to find though.

->Adam

Hi Adam, thanks for that. Our truck is lowered a bit but not loads, so I think we should be alright on the clearance side. I've seen that CSP do a deal on their Python exhaust with their heat exchangers. This deal can be found on their ebay shop, and it saves quite a bit of money. That's what I'll be doing come purchase time. Its good to know that the exhaust fits an early bay, doing the research always helps! Cheers,
Rich