New engine!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacWarrior

Reaction score
Major engine failure on way to our planned 2 week tour of Scotland. RAC recovered and transported back home while we hired another van and continued our holiday. Our trusted garage has advised we will need a new engine which is a bit of a blow.

I’m looking for advice about where to source a new engine from and any not too expensive upgrades to increase power a bit at the same time.

Much appreciated.

You can try Abel Atafonso or Hector Howe, both have good reputations on here.
But beware a new upgraded engine is £5k minimum.
100% Hector Howe, not only is he a close friend of mine but he’s also a top notch engine builder. I’ve fitted many of his engines to various vw’s, all flawless including the 2276cc nitrous engine in my own bus and I’ve recently fitted a tuned up 1600 into my girlfriend beetle.

If hector is busy then another builder I’d recommend is Paul Bate in Southend (flatfourperformance)

Major engine failure on way to our planned 2 week tour of Scotland. RAC recovered and transported back home while we hired another van and continued our holiday. Our trusted garage has advised we will need a new engine which is a bit of a blow.

I’m looking for advice about where to source a new engine from and any not too expensive upgrades to increase power a bit at the same time.

Much appreciated.
I'd get a second opinion on the engine as it may not be a total loss, who is your trusted garage?
Is it you that broke down near Lancaster?

Latest posts