• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NEW PRICE 68 deluxe neptune blue w/ freewayflyer bus tranny

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokehouse

Reaction score
i have a 68 deluxe bus that i have been working on that i'm selling. trying to pay off some bills. it runs great never let me down i drive it almost everyday. i've narrowed the beam 4.25 inches and flipped the spindels it's a link pin beam from a 64 single cab. it has 3.25 drop plates in the rear from widefive.net. and a 68 bus freeway flyer tranny the 3rd and 4th gears have been changed out. the 4th gear is a .77 and that gear alone is $300 dollars a tranny like this that comes from rancho is around $1000. rebuilt cv and axles. c-notched the rear. i didn't have to c-notch the fronts because it's a 68. it has the correct middle seat. i'm asking $8000 for it. and i have a friend that has a container coming over for vanfest. your cost of the container is $1250 and my friend and i will take it to port for no extra cost to you. it still needs a couple things but i'm going to try and get those fixed unless you want to do the work and that case i will bring the price down but i will get the metal for you. it's the part under the windshield, and a small hole on the driver side front corner and a hole when you walk in side the slider and a few pin holes in the cab floor and that's it nothing else.

3304911.jpg

3282842.jpg

3290992.jpg

3282843.jpg

3282846.jpg

3282845.jpg

3282844.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjTRXi-x4H8

for the next couple of weeks i'll take 7500 for the bay but only until i get the bodywork done then it will go back up. unless you want to do the bodywork. labors not cheap but i will have the pieces to weld it up. oh and if you mis my friends container at the end of the month you'll have to figure something else out.

hello.. interested in the bus,, been trying to send p.m. to you through early bay.com but not working for some reason..
can you please email me any further photo's of the van to -
[email protected]
then i can contact you via email which might be better.
would appreciate more info/photo's of areas that still need work - close ups of windscreen surround etc.
look forward to hearing from you,,
cheers, Rowan.

Don't forget you'll still need to pay for handling, duty & the dreaded VAT once the bus lands in the UK, which will be approx £700,

going to the bodyshop at the end of the month i had a container scheduled but had to cancel so i'm going to take it to the bodyshop and fix the windscreen and a pilar and a hole inside the sliding door, and the paint will be blended around the windscreen too. i already have the pieces so we will see.

Like the idea of this bus but Ive never imported before, not not keen on parting with my cash before it gets here but on the other hand I guess you wont ship it until you have been paid !!!!!????

i wish i had the extra money to send it on a container and take it to busfest but i don't. i had a container set up but i had a guy backed out and i missed the container. a friend of mine had a container ready to go before vanfest but i believe that it's to late now. he said it would have to leave at the end of july to get there.

hey dizrythmia if you buy it. when you send the money i will leave the bus in my garage until they come pick it up. or i might beable to send you the title when you send me the money. that's what i usually do.

smokehouse said:
hey dizrythmia if you buy it. when you send the money i will leave the bus in my garage until they come pick it up. or i might beable to send you the title when you send me the money. that's what i usually do.

Don't send the title over , the shipping company needs it or it does not ship the bus.

i have changed the price of the bus it is going to be $6000 for the next couple of weeks then i'm going to fix the windshield. it is what it is.

i fixed the windscreen with donor metal from another 68 bus it is rock solid around the windscreen now.

3501994.jpg

3501996.jpg

3501993.jpg

i hope this helps it only has one small hole in the front driver side bottom next tot he turn signal and a couple pinholes in the front floor nothing bad. the rest of the bus is pretty amazing really everything else is just surface rust.

if you went to bugjam you know it's a nice bus.

i will leave the price at 6500 if i don't have to take it to port. if i fixed every little hole this would be a 10k not a 6500 that is why it's a 6500 just to let you know. so save your shipping money from cali that alone will be over 1000 dollars at least.

Latest posts