New project Delta green adventurewagen

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dam skippy ;) I would love to track down the original owner as they would have been the ones who had the conversion done by adventure wagen.

Keep chipping away

baz1875 said:
When I first bought the bus I decided it was a good idea to write to the previous owner stated on the US title and with some help from a friend I found an up to date address and wrote a brief letter explaining how the bus was now in the UK and could they shed any light on its past (i included a few photo's too just to try and prove that I was completely weird).... Never thought I'd get a reply....

Well today this came
7atyquva.jpg

A 3 page letter from the last owner explaining how she had fell in love with the van about 15years ago and pestered the owner ( who owned the bus from new) until eventually he gave in and sold it to her,unfortunately she was unable to keep it running and that's how it ended up in my hands..

8)to get a such a detailed reply

baz1875 said:
Thanks for the heads up but the bus is never there ( couldn't get insurance the estates to rough ha ha :) )

Plus I'm a semi professional fat ninja :)

Baz's dog is bigger than me :lol: ....... serious :shock:

you slamming it mate ? I'm liking it stock

dubscum said:
baz1875 said:
Thanks for the heads up but the bus is never there ( couldn't get insurance the estates to rough ha ha :) )

The truth is I don't know I have thought about raising it up and going all off road but I love low buses ....... I just don't know

dubscum said:
baz1875 said:

We're not losing you too are we Ash? What the hells going on around here lately? :shock: :lol: ;) :D

I loved slammed shit. Buses, cars, bikes. Always will! even looked into slamming my land rover :D but this bus has a knarly charm high and hard! I could imagine in camped on top of sand dunes or in a forest

Massive massive high top fan, amazing bus and good buy! Can't wait to see more of it
Mate, and I too would love to see it in the weeds...

I'm resisting the temptation to post to much just yet as the plan isn't set in stone yet but whilst cleaning out some of the interior today I found this postcard dated 20/02/82 from somewhere in Mexico pretty cool I thought

yguvubep.jpg

yma7esa7.jpg

It's just a shame the addresses have rubbed off

Come on Baz - we all NEED a better update that that!!

Cool postcard though!!

8)

From the postcard: "..our truck has broken down...."

I wonder if they're on about this bus? :lol:

More pics Baz!

gvee said:
From the postcard: "..our truck has broken down...."

I wonder if they're on about this bus? :lol:

More pics Baz!

From the bit I can read its to the owner of my bus from friends they have met on their travels.

Stu I've got about 100 pictures to upload of various tinkering I've been doing but you will just have to wait :)

baz1875 said:
I'm resisting the temptation to post to much just yet as the plan isn't set in stone yet but whilst cleaning out some of the interior today I found this postcard dated 20/02/82 from somewhere in Mexico pretty cool I thought

yguvubep.jpg

yma7esa7.jpg

It's just a shame the addresses have rubbed off

I think it's cool when people find stuff like this in their buses, all adds to the history 8) all I found in mine was dust and sweet wrappers :roll:

And that postcard was posted only a few days after I was born :msn4:

There will be a big update soon I promise, things are happening and the bus is going to be well looked after over the next couple of months . So for now just a little teaser to keep the thread going!

The box came back from bears today after a full rebuild

ve3uqu3e.jpg

And progress on the new engine is full steam ahead thanks to Stef at Aircooled engineering who's really going the extra mile on it!

e2y9y8ud.jpg

Baz

Latest posts