New rims for the bus - something a little bit special!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxlFoley

Reaction score
My new rims arrived today, something a bit different, I'm not sure how i'm going to get them on though, I may have to make a phone call to Compomotive on monday!

Compomotive Dage split rims 8)
!BT6lKHg!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-EUEjlLluH(EBKK-iIHerw~~_12.JPG

haha yeah so will I!!

I'm going to sprice new dishes, if they are reasonable i'll get some, if not i may have to sell them on! first things fors get them stripped down, I havent seen them on a bus before so would be nice to get them on.

i was watching a set of dage rims on ebay recently, or it was actually two sets with a set of chevy slot mags too all in.
sadly it went way past what i was going to bid and jim bamber ended up winning them, picking a decent set for his german look bug then selling on the remnants. i dont want to rain on the parade mate but the offset of those bad boys looks like it is vearing towards the minnus looking at the dish. good luck getting them on as i think a bus on those would rock. but i would have said you will be looking at 140 a dish. what did you give for them?

i think you should sell them cheap to some mug who can slap them on a h2o'er (*me :mrgreen: 0) i brought some 7j cookie cutter for a mk2 golf i had off some dude who had brought 2 sets (6j fronts 7j rears) then sold the 4 rears as 7j would not fit under the rear arch of his bay

if rims fit straight on, we would all be running them. the harder it is to fit them, the less likely it is some bloke next to you will be running them. ive bought loads of twin sets of rims to get matching sets of four rather than staggered.
i even bought a set of lotus esprit oz racing rims the other day for a mk2 or mk1 golf the other day (i dont own either model) i just think that with the right adapters they would look great with some 175 50 15 tyres stretched on. 8j rears and 7j fronts. they will no doubt sit around for ages till i finally finish the camper and buy a mk2, i really want a mk2.

Well i stripped one down and placed the centre on the bus, it sat nicely under the arch, i think i may have to get 4 new outers and 2 new inners!! as long as they arent too expensive, i'll get them.

I dont think they would fit on a water cooled dub that easily either lol

nice pair of golfs there the pair of you. i would love a nice mk2 on proper stretched rubber on 15's. do you guys still own yours? there is currently one round my workshop receiving a seat ibiza 16v conv but its a bit of a tatty old dog.
any pics of the trial fit mate

In that photo my golf was a 1.6 driver, I eventualy fitted a 1.8 16v, with a lightened fly wheel and stainless manifold, i then drove it to fast up a banking, its dead now lol

Only got this update photo, the fitment of these wheels al depends on how compomotive answer my questions tomorrow!!!
DSC00098.jpg

good luck with compomotive tomorrow. i hope you get the bits for the right money as they would look great on. will you be going for full polish?

had 2 mate but sold them to buy the bang bus 8) don't want to hijack the thread but have loads of pics of the 2 slammed golfs i had, 1 was a £70 1.6 driver on cheep ats's rattle canned hoodride style rubbing on all 4 and project fast highly tuned 2L race engine with 7j cookie cutters with 165/45's sump scrapper

now thats a question!!

I do like the white, as it matches the van, but then i do like a bit of bling so fully polished would look nice, but then thee is the traditional polished with black option!!!

decisions decisions!!

ive never seen a set of dage splits detailed og stylee with black and polished detailing on the centres. that would look v cool especially with detailed bolts.

165 45 15 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice. where did you get them from dub? they are getting tough to get hold of nowadays. i got a pair from johnny off here but they had been shipped from the states.

Yeah should look nice, I'm going to ring Compomotive up now!!

My mate has a full set of 165 45 15's on his Mk1, got them when they were easy to get, bastard! luckilly he doesn't drive it much.

Latest posts