new roof for campmobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott-Westy

Reaction score
alright guys

got a US 71 westy originally weekender but someone put a one off pop up roof on in the states. Its flat aluminium, not designed at all for this climate, it leaks, it always has done, and im sick of it :D

DSCF0047.jpg

Obvious choice for me is a front hinge westy roof, which a friend may be able to supply me with. Iwill have to amend the position of the hole in the roof but all the welding would be hidden in the end when I put a new roof on.

Questions:

Do you think it will be reasonably straightforward to put it on?

Are they are a good reliable roof with generally no leaks?

How does water not get in between the raising roof and rear rack? Is it just a seal that stops all the water getting down through the roof into the bus?

any help would be great folks :)

Hi!

There is a rubber seal which goes around the gap bettween the front and rear section around over the top and down the sides, i guess this does the job? I can take pics of mine if you like.

If you are stuck - I will have a complete front hinge 70 Westy pop top exactly what you need for sale very soon by the way....Pm if you are interested! With hinges canvas bed, rear rack etc

Alistair

found the leak after 3 nights with a hose pipe!!

a tiny bit of crappy silicone was to blame - i cant believe it was something that simple but relieved :roll:

Latest posts