New VW for Em!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfpint_fighter

Reaction score
Em wants to learn to drive this year and has wanted a beetle since she was a little girl, so...
4fa8_4.jpg

Went to view this and then had to win it on ebay.
Needs a couple of bits welding and the engine tuning but otherwise perfect for a first cheap beetle. The wheels are almost worth half of what we paid as it has nearly new sprintstars on it!

The only problem is now i have to sort out the garage so it can go in there.

very nice, i love sprints, my favorite wheel, the four bolts are just as nice. You made a good buy :wink:

First inspections since getting it home haven't been too bad.

Overall it's a bit tatty with dings here and there and a couple of bits of filler/primer around the bonnet. The worst bit is the front valence but it came with a replacement to be welded in and a patch under the rear seat on the heater channel.

Last year it failed it's MOT on the washer bottle not be pumped up and was advised on a slight leak from the gearbox and offside rear hub as well as slight corrosion to the nearside inner wing (which has been hammerited and undersealed by the last owner)

It was bought with no MOT and we were told it didn't run properly due to crap in the fuel tank. Luckily for us it was just the points that needed adjusting and now she purrs!

Just got to wait for payday so we can MOT it, fingers crossed, and then EM can start to learn to drive :D

Latest posts