Ninove 2013

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely motorhome. Van doubles the price! I guess because its commercial vehicle.

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

On the train it's a motor home because it's got a bed and storage. I have argued that it takes up no more space than a car and loads less than a Winnebago but to no avail. On DFDS ferry it's a 'car or motor home under 2.4m high'

I've decided to book with the 'UK Ninove Cruise' travelling on the train.
2 reasons......firstly, i wont need to lose a days pay on the Friday, as I'll be travelling down early saturday morning to reach the Tunnel for the 5.30am check in.
Secondly.....its £40 cheaper than the current Ferry crossing prices, so it pays for my petrol down to Dover at least 8)

Not an ideal situation as I would have loved to convoy down with the EB Posse to Dover and across on the ferry, but seen as we've all booked at different times, individually, and now the prices have almost doubled, I cannot justify paying that for the same trip, just for the sake of our dis-organisation.

Well done to those that booked before the price hike, maybe a lesson learnt for the Ninove 2014 trip?? :roll:

Foz said:
Not an ideal situation as I would have loved to convoy down with the EB Posse to Dover and across on the ferry, but seen as we've all booked at different times, individually, and now the prices have almost doubled, I cannot justify paying that for the same trip, just for the sake of our dis-organisation.

Well done to those that booked before the price hike, maybe a lesson learnt for the Ninove 2014 trip?? :roll:

Perhaps the hoodie/polo shirts thing could've be done after booking the crossing...... ;)

Perhaps the hoodie/polo shirts thing could've be done after booking the crossing...... ;)[/quote]

I think "myvanway" has only closed the group buy throw lack of interest , but I'm sure he'd do another one if people want them.

It's a bummer that people ( myself included) have paid double but that's just the way it goes, and It won't be spoiling my excitement for this trip..

quote/
It's a bummer that people ( myself included) have paid double but that's just the way it goes, and It won't be spoiling my excitement for this trip..[/quote]

:mrgreen:

baz1875 said:
It's a bummer that people ( myself included) have paid double but that's just the way it goes, and It won't be spoiling my excitement for this trip..

Have done just a few continental trips over the last few years and have not known this concept of prices rising just because a few bookings have been made, at least not while it was Norfolk Line. Last time under the new DFDS banner prices went from £39 return to £54 return and now £64 for stupidly eary bookings. If they are looking at a dozen or two bookings for a crossing six months in advance and then doubling the price, well, that is seriously out of order. Still don't know how folk are quoting low prices for the train, I couldn't get it below £113, that said would rather be on the ferry anyway and get a free overnight camp at the terminal. ;)

Pete B said:
Still don't know how folk are quoting low prices for the train, I couldn't get it below £113, that said would rather be on the ferry anyway and get a free overnight camp at the terminal. ;)

I think the prices are so low on the train due to an agreed block booking of 30 vehicles organised by the 'UK Ninove Cruise' organiser (Darren)

Ninove 2013 is a 'dropgates' special, so its all about the single and double cabs.

http://freddyfiles2013.skynetblogs.be/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

20120908_074415.jpg

Your taking this one then!!?? 8)

Gonna have to get this one sorted again been three years in a row love it!
Drop gates ive got some of those 8)

myvanway 69 said:
Out of interest are there any campsites near Ninove, unlikely that they will be open I guess...just a thought.

Check Clems post above, click on the link then scroll down a bit to two links (on left of page) for camping.

karlehsp said:
Gonna have to get this one sorted again been three years in a row love it!
Drop gates ive got some of those 8)

Would be a scandal if you didn't make it mate, but maybe this time looks like just you and Ollie parked up together on the Sunday!

Krusty, how gutted are you feeling fella???!!! :roll:

Latest posts