Ninove 2013

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StuF said:
So just to make it clear

Fri - Hotel near Folkstone, possible meeting place?

Sat - Early start for tunnel, travel to Ninove in convoy

Sun - Recover from show and travel back (rather not) or wait till Mon &

Mon - Return to Calais and get tunnel back?

Just to make it clear the Ninove show is Sunday, Saturday is just prelude and drinking session at the Roxy :lol: :lol:

They close the town off and you get to park in front of the shops.

Most of us normally head off around 3pm to get back to the ferry port but staying over on the Sunday night somewhere on route could be a plan, Liv & Steve (Ego on here) stayed somewhere on route last year, its just whether people need to be in work on the Monday morning.

Be warned it is a long tiring weekend so staying over an extra night is a good idea :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would rather stay over sun as I am prone to some sat night madness!

Graham L said:
StuF said:
So just to make it clear

Fri - Hotel near Folkstone, possible meeting place?

Most of us normally head off around 3pm to get back to the ferry port but staying over on the Sunday night somewhere on route could be a plan, Liv & Steve (Ego on here) stayed somewhere on route last year, its just whether people need to be in work on the Monday morning.

Be warned it is a long tiring weekend so staying over an extra night is a good idea :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only work till 11.00 on friday'z and I will book monday off just incase!!! :msn4:

StuF said:
I would rather stay over sun as I am prone to some sat night madness!

You do have to move your bus (if you want to) into the town centre on Sunday morning although some EB members have been known to be rather worse for wear on Sunday morning (not mentioning any names but one of them is a mod on here :lol: :lol: )

We could always liaise with Freddie & Kobus to see if they could get us a big EB space but the EB themed one was about 3 years ago

Wouldnt mind a small move on the Sunday morning as long as the gendarmes arnt too close!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

My personal preference for safety sakes :oops:

Fri - Cruise down to Folkstone

Sat - Gentle convoy to Ninove with a bit of BOOZE after the drive :lol:

Sun - Show and the odd lager! 8)

Mon - Gentle cruise back to the UK

Will hopefully be back in the office by Tues morning!

But hey i am only making a suggestion! Open to all options :D

StuF said:
Wouldnt mind a small move on the Sunday morning as long as the gendarmes arnt too close!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

My personal preference for safety sakes :oops:

Fri - Cruise down to Folkstone

Sat - Gentle convoy to Ninove with a bit of BOOZE after the drive :lol:

Sun - Show and the odd lager! 8)

Mon - Gentle cruise back to the UK

Will hopefully be back in the office by Tues morning!

But hey i am only making a suggestion! Open to all options :D

Sounds good to me!!!! :lol: 8)

Ok Guys , I may have the kids in tow , but I am up for the cruise down not sure about comming back tho , If I can get a sitter then iI wil take the day off work and me and the misses will stay over and travel back on the Monday. If not teh I will be on my travels Sunday evening.

I love it when a plan comes together!

Graham, great idea on t Shirts BTW.

68_early_bay said:
myvanway 69 said:
Shaun whats powering your badboy??

:lol: :lol: standard 1600 sp for now :msn4:

myvanway 69 said:
6 hours!! not while ive got a hole in my arse!! :lol:

Cool....

359 miles in 6.5 hours that's only averaging 55mph...................... :msn4: :msn4:

1600 sp all the way!
I think the only people that didn't brake down last year were the buses that did run 1600 standard motors.

1600 sp all the way!
I think the only people that didn't brake down last year were the buses that did run 1600 standard motors.[/quote]

Funny that. :lol: that's why I've stayed stock with 100% reliability.
Would really love to do this trip, but not with the Mrs. :msn4:

Im leaving the other half at home. 8) ....... :shock:
I can let my hair down and not get stressed by the moaning!! "Its cold...why havent you fixed the heating??,.....Its wet,...I need the toilet" etc etc etc. :evil:

Looking forward to it, come on Brett get on it!! :lol: 8)

Paul.

myvanway 69 said:
Im leaving the other half at home. 8) ....... :shock:
I can let my hair down and not get stressed by the moaning!! "Its cold...why havent you fixed the heating??,.....Its wet,...I need the toilet" etc etc etc. :evil:

Looking forward to it, come on Brett get on it!! :lol: 8)

Paul.

What the hell count me in. :D

I would say, the T2D cruise is a great laugh. A convoy of however many aircooled VWs snaking across France into Belgium and swamping service stations on the coffee breaks is fantastic stuff. Can't wait.

I think I could be up for this. Sounds like a laugh. Need to check into getting the time off work

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I have had a look at the Eurotunnel Site and it is

£47 Folkstone - Calais 0600 - 0800 on Sat 09 March

£47 Calais - Folkstone 1400 - 1600 on Mon 11 March

That is under a short stay saver so £94 in total!

Not too bad really and those would be around the times I would hope to travel.

It's gunna be cold in that Bus March time. never know I might pull. :lol: :msn4:
Might have to bring the Dog's they'll warm me up trouble is no Passport, come to think of it mines out of date. :oops:
Is there any chance of a large group discount for this crossing, :p although £94 doesn't seem too bad.

I think ( don't quote me) that you can get reduced prices for group bookings.... If someone's willing to book this I'm happy to transfer monies as soon as.

baz1875 said:
I think ( don't quote me) that you can get reduced prices for group bookings.... If someone's willing to book this I'm happy to transfer monies as soon as.

Think you have to do it individually Baz - due to inputting veh reg and passport numbers etc

Although if we all agree on a certain crossing I am more than happy to book up!

Latest posts