Ninove 2013

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked and the eurotunnel won't let lpg vehicles on so that could well scupper any plans I may have :(

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I could get a ferry and meet up with the convoy on the other side, cheaper too at £64 :)

67westy said:
I could get a ferry and meet up with the convoy on the other side, cheaper too at £64 :)

Sounds like a plan - 8)

How long does the ferry take in comparison to the tunnel?

90 mins on the ferry apparently. They have some timings that roughly fit with the trains as well

67westy said:
90 mins on the ferry apparently. They have some timings that roughly fit with the trains as well

Might have a look at the ferry option as well!

We caught the Dover-Dunkerque ferry on the Friday afternoon last year, and camped in Neuwpoort and met up with the cruise at the first stop. Then stayed in Brugge on the Sunday night and got the ferry back on Monday afternoon. Much more relaxing than normal!

just spoke to partner about this and looks like we could be up for this so another bus from the midlands,
but which way to go tunnel or ferry, ferry gives a rest time, tunnel is quicker?

i know when ive taken my old army truck to france by ferry (now that is six hrs from Coventry to the ferry 40mph max so needed a rest)
last couple of years we went M40 and around bottom of M25 as it was less buisy than clockwise round M25
but happy to go with majority if cruse leaving from midlands

Question what do you book bus as on crossing? mines classed as a 7 seater microbus (only 5 seats fitted now)
and standard hight.

cheers Pete & Gail

EgoTrippin said:
We caught the Dover-Dunkerque ferry on the Friday afternoon last year, and camped in Neuwpoort and met up with the cruise at the first stop. Then stayed in Brugge on the Sunday night and got the ferry back on Monday afternoon. Much more relaxing than normal!

Thinking along those lines myself, certainly for the outward journey. Don't want a repeat of last year, where following a 5am start (due to availability of chunnel crossings) then had a 3 hour plus wait at the services for everyone to arrive. When we did depart, it wasn't so much a cruise as a 'sprint' to the next stop, never mind trying to keep the vehicles together in some sort of convoy. :roll:

OK guys after having a few PM's sent to me its clear that we should really talk to Paul at T2D to see what the plan is for the cruise next year before deciding to go it alone, after all Paul has been good to us over the years and its worth checking first.

I have to say I like the idea of a more relaxed cruise so perhaps the ferry over Friday night and the stay at Niewpoort may be a more relaxed option which I'm all in favour of, as Pete said last year was a bit of a sprint on the last leg and we only knew people were leaving the last service halt when they all roared out en mass and then played catch up.

Still up for the T-Shrt idea and everything so will drop Paul a line and see what the plan is for 2013 and then come back to you all and let you know, is that OK?

dodge6x6 said:
Question what do you book bus as on crossing? mines classed as a 7 seater microbus (only 5 seats fitted now)
and standard hight.

cheers Pete & Gail

DFDS ferries have the option of a Car/motorhome under 2.4 metres high so that should cover you I think.

Graham L said:
OK guys after having a few PM's sent to me its clear that we should really talk to Paul at T2D to see what the plan is for the cruise next year before deciding to go it alone, after all Paul has been good to us over the years and its worth checking first.

I have to say I like the idea of a more relaxed cruise so perhaps the ferry over Friday night and the stay at Niewpoort may be a more relaxed option which I'm all in favour of, as Pete said last year was a bit of a sprint on the last leg and we only knew people were leaving the last service halt when they all roared out en mass and then played catch up.

Still up for the T-Shrt idea and everything so will drop Paul a line and see what the plan is for 2013 and then come back to you all and let you know, is that OK?

Ill be up for any of the above Graham. Count us in on all of it :D :D

Graham L said:

Sounds good to me!

Okay chaps DFDS seem to offer the best deal £64 (as posted earlier) but you can also skim off another £2.50 by booking your crossing through topcashback.co.uk. Not a massive saving but money off all the same.

so £61.50 and a 90 minute crossing. Of course you can use the Tesco clubcard points x3 on the channel tunnel but in my case the missus has those points saved up for Goldsmiths and will not be too pleased if I dig into her earings fund.

Des

9th and 10th march

http://www.facebook.com/#!/UkCruiseToNinove2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'UK cruise to Ninove', whats that all about then and who is it?

Can't see anything on T2D site or on The Freddy Files about Ninove 2013.

Wondering where the 'UK cruise' folk have got the dates from?

Maybe some light will be shed when Graham speaks to Paul. :?

Pete B said:
'UK cruise to Ninove', whats that all about then and who is it?

Can't see anything on T2D site or on The Freddy Files about Ninove 2013.

Wondering where the 'UK cruise' folk have got the dates from?

Maybe some light will be shed when Graham speaks to Paul. :?

I think it's Spike The Paint , the guy with the the red 21 window. The Fredfyfiles2013 blog page exists but has no information on it yet :lol:

Latest posts