No rear lights, brake or indicators!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdeano

Reaction score
Just been out in the bus and turned the lights on, got out to check and nothing, no rear, no brake light no indicators either!!, front lights all ok, all fuses look in good order, changed number 1 & 2 to make sure, checked connections in the engine bay all fine, some inline fuses from battery all seem fine, could it be something simple or have i got to start removing and replacing relays!, can get hold of a multimeter but never used one!

first thing to check is the rear light earths,after that check the loom from the front in case its damaged also behind fuse box/lh side of dash is a conector block that goes to rear loom .

Lifted the fuse box up a bit and there seems to be some relays on the bottom?, (a bit dark and a torch in my mouth!), would it be one of these? Or something else?

bigdeano said:
Lifted the fuse box up a bit and there seems to be some relays on the bottom?, (a bit dark and a torch in my mouth!), would it be one of these? Or something else?

Hi - those are hazard and dipped beam relays, so not related - think it's a plastic 4/6/8 way connector type thing - I usually have to lie in the drivers seat upside down with my feet in the air to get my head under the dash!

What i have done in the last week is put a piggyback connector onto fuse 2, not in use yet ( has a wire set up for cig lighter),think fuse 2 is rear lights but not sure, but ive just changed to a new fuse so guessing thats ok

Try testing for voltage on this wire? - If it's the connectors that cut into the wire then I've had a few cut all the way in and separate the wire - worth checking

Managed to get the indicators to work, was a loose connection on 6 or 7, checked the rest and all sit fine, then wazzed it down so gave it best!!,

Job done!!, all legal and all lit up, just in time to cover the van up!!, marvellous!!

Latest posts