Oh yeah baby, its nearly ready..............

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clyde

Reaction score
Well after afew small problems and delays (isnt that always the case) i finally got the call today to go and look at the bus. Ive had to hold back from giving the painter the hurry up, because one i didnt want to rush him and secondly i didnt want to piss him off so he cut corners etc.
Its paid off i think...............it still needs a final polish and the windows putting in and then hes told me to take it back when ive re built it for a final polish and detail which i thought was a nice touch and shows hes interested in the finished result and not just getting it out of his life. I could have had it tomorrow but because im going away on Wednesday hes asked to keep it till i come home in 3 weeks so he hasnt got to rush anything. (i could have it sooner but wont be here) I didnt take much convincing as it is pissing it down here and the thought of having it trailered back to my lock up and getting water in all the little holes etc that all the parts are going to be fitted to seemed mad.
So heres a little example of what to expect. I will update my thread on other page when i start putting it back together, these are just some teasers for all the folks that have been asking about the bus.

56.jpg

63-1.jpg

58.jpg

57.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

64.jpg

59.jpg

62.jpg

61.jpg

60.jpg

Cheers Alistair, it had a few krusty lumps here and there around the lower edges and the rear corners, aswell as the nice little gouge i put in it driving into a low wall. Its never had a battery tray since i got it and also a bubble on the front screen and the rear window so too much to patch up and bodge really. If my bus was a rat bus i could have had the rust sorted and matched up the new metal, but my bus was too shiney for that and i didnt want to just keep blowing in abit here and abit there so bit the bullet and got the lot sorted. Should be good for a while now.

veeeeery nice jon! you must be a very proud father....so to speak!
must come and see it when its back in one piece.....

:mrgreen:

Fair do's mate thats looking very nice! I remember when our white westys were the the only ones around, things have sure changed 8)

dubberdaz said:
Fair do's mate thats looking very nice! I remember when our white westys were the the only ones around, things have sure changed 8)

To right mate, until i saw yours i thought i was in a club of one. How things have changed. Could have gone for a colour change and thought about it for a while but decided against it. Your more than welcome to come and have a look Jon, it will be at the barn in afew weeks time. You can come and help put it back together if your really keen.

Looks like a nice job too, looking forward to the complete bus with all the bells n whistles.

Just

Cheers folks for the positive comments. Looks like my goal show wise is either Stanford if i decide to go or more likely Vanwest due to work commitments. Thats if everything goes to plan and nothing major, ie electrical or mechanical has gone west during the strip down/rebuild process.
Im away for 3 weeks as of Wednesday so nothing happening for a while but hopefully it will be at least on the road by the begining of April. (actually thats only 14 days and ive got to sort out headliner and door cards etc yet so maybe im being alittle optimistic)

Latest posts