Oil leak located

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallingoffalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mentioned in one of my other posts I had an oil leak, well I've found it a it's gushing from one of the pushrod tubes which appears to have a large crack in it!

Photos probably don't come out very well, but it looks about 3" long, I guess it must be stone damage?

Is this an engine out job? Is there any temp fix I could make just to get me to a repair shop? TBH it would be OK as long as it wasn't too far. Any recommendations for somewhere that can repair in the Gloucestershire area?
3bab97387fc90dc08de410d9eb8914f4.jpg
24f88b2ffe9505e68b62ba5c64e815a2.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not engine out, get a set of spring loaded push rod tubes. Either Jaycee or Fastfab as all the others are shit. You’ll need to remove the rockers and push rods but can do with engine in place :mrgreen:

I’d pop over and see Able at Alfonso motors, I ‘think’ he’s up your way. Just to get it there, I’d give it a clean up then wrap some gaffer tape around it just to get there, shouldn’t make too much mess then. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, tell him I’m at Busfest this year. :mrgreen:

Thanks Ozzie, I got some amalgamation tape and did this..... it's stopped the leak. I've found an air cooled guy in Glos that's going to do it for me this week
ef9dc49b7a3980559d1c8d0620cb4057.jpg

Unfortunately Alfnso is in Wrexham, bit far really.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ha, I new it was up a bit and left a bit from sunny Bristol, but I didn’t think it was that far up or that far left :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, nice repair, (temporary ???) :mrgreen: :lol: 8) :lol: :mrgreen:

Latest posts