orange indicator bulb

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMMC

Reaction score
Hi,

Having bought 2 orange indictor bulbs at Stanford at the weekend I went to fit my new indictor lenses tonight....only to find the bulb is wrong! My van is a US import and this may have something to do with it. The original bulbs have 2 nipples and my new bulb just has the one! The bayonet fitting is also different. I'm guessing this is to do with US cars having their indictors on all of the time. So how can I get round this problem? Can I get orange indictor bulbs for a US van or do I have to paint my original bulbs? If I have to paint them has anyone done this before and how? Cheers in advance

I've put my orange bulb into the reverse light holder and rewired it to suit. This way will keep the U.S. look yet make it UK legal.

I've also fitted a smaller bulb next to the indicator bulb to act as the reverse light though I havent fully wired this in yet so I don't know how effective it is.

Matt.

Hi - don't get me wrong my bus has been rewired for UK standards already.

Its just the front indictors I'm talking about...the bulb has 2 nipples on it as opposed to one...

I have a similar problem, the slots on the holder are offset on mine so one slightly higher than the other and all the orange bulbs i can find the dimple things are parallel so dont fit.

my solution was to paint my clear bulbs with orange nail varnish.

still, if you find some let me know!

Latest posts