OTHER DUBS YOU OWN PIC THREAD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes indeed.... back in the day bays were ten a penny and people didn't bother spending too much on the body. When I got it from the scrappy, the front was shot, the front arches, back arches and offside wing were all nackered, but the engine ran and the chassis was ok. I cut a front clip off a single cab in middle wallop scrappy, changed all the arches and gave it a once over with a roller. It took about four weeks from the scrapman dropping it off at the house to passing the MOT, and then another three days later we were on the ferry. The sealing up of the door was carried out by a previous owner.
The old girl got us to Gib with just a sticky starter solenoid to contend with. It provided us with transport for another couple of years before I swapped it for a spanish beetle, which we eventually drove up to Shetland in, but thats another story.

Grazy said:
Nice one Graham welcome to the gang :lol: Looks really nice mate i think there is a stowaway in that exhaust :lol:
Windsurfer Mk2 s are the next big thing after Earlybays 8)

Right Grazy, I'm on it :mrgreen:

bottom rung said:
If anyone has one of these racks could they let me know?

I have two of them on my dormy - I think they may have been made/sold by dormobile as they are an exact fit infront & behind the poptop

240.jpg

My Oval looks like this at the moment...

CIMG0167.jpg

:lol:

I also owned this...

KIF_1321.jpg

This...

Kif_0212.jpg

And another Oval, a ragtop, but I can't find any pictures of it. :lol:

thank you 8) yep the bm is a proper left hooker M3 and the wheels were off this
eric.jpg

the bf other toy that we are now splitting :(

been putting this off ....... here's a hand full of some i have owned in the past 5(ish) years ..... i know i have a problem :shock: soft spot for the mk2 golf in gun metal gray i've had 5 8) lol even owned a wedge :oops: had polo's, old passats, jetta's think i've had 17 vw in the last 9 years ......... had an xr2 before that :lol: . and loved it

0105-1.jpg

0122.jpg

shell5-1.jpg

055-7.jpg

049-10.jpg

27-09-2008140523.jpg

27-09-2008140532.jpg

27-09-2008132317.jpg

014-36.jpg

0143-2.jpg

0124-1.jpg

004-40.jpg

005-43.jpg

0072.jpg

0078.jpg

brought the little white one from under a tree for £75, maybe the most value for money car i've ever had, brought coilover for £180, ats cups with good tryes for £70 a bit of rattle canning and enjoyed :msn4: then sold it, with the mk2 garage 2l with 272 cams and straight throw pipes, along with the wedge and most of the late bay to buy my early :D

dubscum said:
been putting this off ....... here's a hand full of some i have owned in the past 5(ish) years ..... i know i have a problem :shock: soft spot for the mk2 golf in gun metal gray i've had 5 8) lol even owned a wedge :oops: had polo's, old passats, jetta's think i've had 17 vw in the last 9 years ......... had an xr2 before that :lol: . and loved it

0122.jpg

I'm not really into Golf's, but this white one is cool!

.... and you got to love Wedges!! 8)

retro & cunning, thank you very much :D retro that bm is a proper tool 8)

didn't start out to well.
006-31.jpg

007-41.jpg

012-38.jpg

013-37.jpg

weekend later, job done. Had some cool little touch's if i do say so myself :lol:
001-26.jpg

The westy is mostly for camping and beside we own a split fromm '66 wich is going down a bit more because we don't have to go camping with it anaymore :D

Foto-ITFG8IGU.jpg

Latest posts