Our 1971 Westy.....Ooh Betty

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Nod

Reaction score
Here is our 1971 Westy LHD and we call her Ooh Betty (our 6 year old named her and what a great name) :lol: , we purchased her in April 2006 and since then we have got her to this state and as always an on going project. Hope you like 8)
June08001.jpg

June08003.jpg

June08006.jpg

June08108.jpg

DSCF2437.jpg

DSCF2326.jpg

Lookin good there. Will look out for it when running around the town

in this

DSCF1046.jpg

this

vwdarkflint.jpg

and soon this when i get it mot'ed (it only ran out 12 yrs ago) :oops:

DSCF4300.jpg

Looking good little Nod 8) a very good example indeed Sir! now get that van packed and ready for the next camping trip and we can put all them splitty owners to shame :wink: :lol:

Hi Nod, welcome and nice bus 8) , thats quite a shot of the beach as well, where is it?

Hi Nod, awsome bus you have there, how did you fit your headlamp eyelid's? for some reason I just cant seem to get the clips on :shock: I gave up after nearly stabbing myself wit a screwdriver.

Is that Woolacombe beach, north Devon? Think it's my favourite place.

Alfie said:
Hi Nod, awsome bus you have there, how did you fit your headlamp eyelid's? for some reason I just cant seem to get the clips on :shock: I gave up after nearly stabbing myself wit a screwdriver.

Is that Woolacombe beach, north Devon? Think it's my favourite place.

My eyelids went on fairly easily, however it must be something to do with the rim fixings :shock: I only have 2 screws, but everone who has tried to fit them that I know of has had the same problem as you and have 3 screw fixings? Maybe thats why. I think persistance and being careful not to loose your rag and not to break a headlamp as i've known people do that!!! :lol:

jjgreenwood said:
like these very rare they are. Dark flint beetle V cool indeed! Only 750 of them I believe

For the UK they only did 250.
Rarer than some ferrari :p
Bought it from new when they came out. Only went in the garage out of curosity to see what they had and the missus fell in love with it. Still puts a smile on my face when driving it. Like most VWs.

sweet bus my man, woolacombe too..surfed there a few times, but never caught it classic..know it gets good, but i`ll leave that to my north of the border buddys....see you at the final fling

lovely looking bus, and great pics. walked to woolacoombe along the coast path from where we were staying in croyde a couple of weeks ago. fantastic part of the country.

Must post our new addition because we have been looking for ages for a bug that would be right for us and this is it................ 8)
We love it :lol: Happy days
Photo081A.jpg

DSCF4307.jpg

GavlaarEasterweenedApr09004.jpg

GavlaarEasterweenedApr09008.jpg

Latest posts