pict 34 question - is this right??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chenzo

Reaction score
have a look at the pic below and can anyone tell me what is going on with the short pipe coming out of the front of the carb which has been crushed at the end??

I'm doing a carb rebuild and that pipe has just easily pulled out - looks like someone has tried to blank it off, should it go somewhere?

IMG_1511.jpg

On a standard setup it would be connected to the airfilter. usual method of blanking it off if an aftermarket airfilter is used is to put a short length of pipe on to it with some suitable item blocking it off.

you should move that fuel filter fella , best to locate it under bus nearer the tank , dont want that leaking on to your dizzy on a hot summers day :shock:

its only a 10 minute job i moved mine a while back , i put it off for ages but have done it now and my peace of mind is better for it ;)

chris

yep, getting moved when I put the carb back on - there is already a filter fitted under the tank area!

So on the carb, just blank that tube off then?

sorry yes dude heres a few pics, mines a little bit of vac pipe and a screw next to it is a proper vw one :shock: i on the look out for another ;)
100_2791.jpg

100_2793.jpg

chris

Cheers Crede, I've got some spare vac hose so will do the same.

You're not CredeExup on Exup1000.co.uk forum are you?

The pipe on the front is another vac port, these carbs were originally designed to be used with the DVDA dizzy's (Dual vac dual advance - vac advance / vac retard) before VW realised the dizzy's were crap and replaced them with the SVDA dizzys.
Most just block the pipe on the front of the dizzy off (the retard side) and use the advance port with the SVDA (or so i'm lead to beleive but i have been known to be wrong on more than 1 occasion :? )

bertiethebus said:
if they are not blocked off like on my 31pict...
a55aa0cd.jpg

does it affect running?

yes mate block em off with a bit of pipe anda bolt or screw and i,d frisbee that air filter for a stock one too dude................. ;)

chris

Latest posts