piece of shit (71 westy)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dubscum said:
working tomorrow, so Sunday :D

Hey dubscums sorry to jump on your thread just need a bit of advice really I've notched my rear end only slightly 2" do you think I should put a brace in above
Here's a pic
c5801ca8.jpg

Thanks for any advice

Mark

Hi Mark, can't really tell from the pic. I take it you welding in a 3 mm piece in where you have cut out, if so with good welds I'd say you don't need to brace it. I seen it done just like you have done it in many threads and not heard any horror story's. I've had 1 foot section of my chassis cut and lifted and welded back in with no probs (was the same on my old bus) but if your a worrier then while the welder and grinder are out bang on a bit of box section

have a peek here :D Rob B's are the best I've seen.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi dubscum
Thanks for the reply, yeah my good mate on here 89rallye did the notches and yeah hein filled with 3mm steel so all good thanks.

And rob b's notches are crazy any bigger they'd be in the engine bay awesome

dubscum said:
Hi Mark, can't really tell from the pic. I take it you welding in a 3 mm piece in where you have cut out, if so with good welds I'd say you don't need to brace it. I seen it done just like you have done it in many threads and not heard any horror story's. I've had 1 foot section of my chassis cut and lifted and welded back in with no probs (was the same on my old bus) but if your a worrier then while the welder and grinder are out bang on a bit of box section

have a peek here :D Rob B's are the best I've seen.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I knew my ears where burning but anyway they were kcw's work on that other topic that you said ash

But here's mine an I think there better :)
4880f03a.jpg

Rob

Maybe lol ;)

I wanna run pretty big tyres out back so I think I will need the extra space of rear tubs

What size did you run?

Rob

165/60/14 front and 165/80/14s rears. I know a lot of people like fat rears but I prefer the look of the 165's
I'm keeping the steals for a while, what wheels you gonna run ?

I've got some black mk5 golf steels in 15inch for the time being they look wicked an have a rad offset

Also I'm goin for 175/55 front an 195/65 rear

Rob

Hey dudes what would be my best tyre option I'm gonna be running original steelies( shot blasting them tomorrow and then going bright red clear coat and chrome nuts
I've got 185/60/14 on the front at the mo with standard 185/r14 on the rear but I can't get them off with it being low
What would be my best option for rear tyres

Thanks dudes

mark i went for 165 rears and used a bar to pry my spring plate down while trying to wriggle the tyre out, hard work on your own. Ended up getting adjustable spring plates, just (undo the rear shock) take the bolt out the spring plate and they drop right down. If your not planning on spraying your wheels monthly you'll be able to get by with a bar and a mate, 185's will squeeze in at a push

hey thank's for the pic's they do look skinny with the 165's but if it makes life easier getting them off i'll give it a go.
I don't plan on taking them off that often as i don't carry a spare just a can of instant repair :lol:
and as for changing the colour monthly iv'e not got your artistic flare "YET"

7714c4e8.jpg

Rich B sticker bombed the westie fridge :D
422ab6c1.jpg

does anyone else hide there receipts ? :msn4:
a742e614.jpg

gotto give mega bug a shout ordered this late bay calliper bolts friday dinner time and received them Saturday morning
834ff674.jpg

parts gathering
c1d7185a.jpg

Latest posts