piece of shit (71 westy)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob b said:
So what you got done today then dude ?

he's been stacking boxes, its tough work you know :lol:
dubscum said:
c1d7185a.jpg

:lol: f%*k off :msn4:
fitted the adapter to run a single port carb on a twin point
ec207b95.jpg
fec7f5ab.jpg

bang it all on but need to do the timing and tune the carb
9b7ce866.jpg

might have to raise the engine tho
61ba26fb.jpg

rear valance and bumper back on
35bc6443.jpg

actually turned it round under its own steam
ecb1ef68.jpg

0e05d6a0.jpg

8fd656e9.jpg

i was gonna fit the discs and callipers today, but went to the pub last night so i'm in the dog house. i'll fit them during the week, i think

F#ck me that's nice and low who needs brakes run her as she is looks amazing

I'm having big problems with my lower shock mounts hitting the beam so off to my mates garage tomorrow to try and get it sorted I'm thinking of getting t haus narrowed arms to solve the issue

Mark

Did you just retapp new studs in its not a massive job I know just needs to be right for my retest next week
Oh and then there's the welding :?

I just had a look underneath the bus and the beam is resting on the bottom shock bolt

Fun and games

Mark6455 said:
I just had a look underneath the bus and the beam is resting on the bottom shock bolt

Fun and games
Some thing sounds a little funny with that what beam is it?

Rob

thats where it fucking stalled :lol: after grounding out on that little stop :? drove it out the garage then shit myself when i remembered it had no brakes :shock:

my old bus was pretty cool to drive, i Wound down the suspension, the rear arch was 15"off the ground, the engine hit the floor over every bump and I got beached on a raised man hole cover at my mums vvv had to raise it about 2" then was fine. No engine raise etc

faeb8908.jpg

Mark (and anyone else interested) hope these come out all right, there pictures of me narrowed arms to keep the shocks away from the bottom beam bolt ........ no body died :msn4:
c0b24016.jpg

c3bd24b7.jpg

ebe7bc67.jpg

front notch's
211760b0.jpg

nothing special, but I've got flipped Brazilian spindles I needed to convert to late bay callipers and disc's, brembo disc's and vw callipers 5x112. Just proof that it looks like a piece of shit but all new where it counts
e57d0722.jpg

one side built up but need to move the flexible brake hose mounting (cheers Stu) a little to stop it catching.

where can I get flexible hose mounting clip / holder thingy from ?

thanks Ash

Thats the ticket Ash did you get someone to mil them back or do it yourself
I had another look at mine and once I take the huge washer away and trim the stud down I don't think I'll have to take much off to clear.

My mot guy said just raise it up bend the studs straight and it will pass but it's giving me palpitations thinking about raising it :lol:

Once the welding is sorted I'll crack on and sort the arms before Tuesday's retest

slamwerks did mine, but if you strapped for time any local engineer will do it with a milling machine , as long as you take them off and explain what you want.

good luck :D

Latest posts