• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

PLS DELETE MODS thanks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
68only said:
Look good, but surely stainless bolts are not high tensile enough/too brittle for something as load bearing as a tow bar!?!

With 8 bolts holding the towbar on I doubt it really matters.

68only said:
Look good, but surely stainless bolts are not high tensile enough/too brittle for something as load bearing as a tow bar!?!

Hello Mark , its good to hear from You , TBH These towbars are Exactly the same as the originals and Because there 100% Brand new and made in the UK by Skilled fabricators they pick up on all the original mounting points Etc that Volkswagen and Westfalia designed and incorporated into there buses and there towbars respectively.

Therefore If its good enough for Volkswagen and Westfalia then its good enough for Me too .

Now there are quite a few of my towbars on peoples buses, especially on this forum and even some in Austria and one in Sweden ;) . And to anyone who has checked one of my towbars out in the Steel so to speak , You arent goin to get it off Esp with 8 large M12 bolts firmly fixing it to the bus .

On there miltary spec vehicles Volkswagen would tow buses/bugs/trekkers with just a big tow hook bolted to the front bumpers :D

Now then to all You guys with crossover buses , Im sorry these wont fit Your pride and Joys and after doing a mini survey at the end of last year, It seems that not enough people with crossovers want one enough for me to have all new Jigs etc made and the vast additional expense incurred .

You can try Watling Towbars as Im sure they can help You out

Hey Deano, the quality of the towbars looks awesome, but using stainless fasteners on suspension or load bearing stuff like this is usually frowned upon, that's all I was saying ;)

On suspension maybe , But having checked out the whole nuts and bolts issue before starting this off , Its no problem and I'd rather give folks the best I can lay my hands on, Rather than give them cheap nuts and bolts that will never undo etc Esp If they choose to take the towbar over to there next van Thats all :D

:mrgreen:

Hi gadget. I know a bit of time has passed since the last post but do you still do these westy style towbars? If so i will be interested in purchasing one. Thanks. Ian

you raised my hopes then I thought there was another batch being made!

come on gadget get another batch on the go!!

Being the guy who supplied the tow bar to be copied in the first place, let me put the issue to bed once and for all, these are made to an exact spec, when I came to get my OG bar back from Dean, ( he likes to be known as Shirly realy) he had a pair on the floor, I could not tell mine from his repro bars, they are that good, besides, having know Dean for so long now I new he would not make a bad one when he could and did, make a good one.
I say this for all you guys who are unsure, this project took time, money, and a large bottle of Gin to get this off the ground, he did what others didn't.
You can buy with confidence......................................it will fit!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ron

[email protected]

I don't doubt the quality - that's why we all want one! But are they gonna be made. Could really do with knowing one way or the other - cos I need one :mrgreen:

Has anyone else tried getting hold of gadget boy. I tried PMing him last week to see whether he will be doing another run but he hasn't opened it. maybe his inbox is full or something.

Dubble-trouble said:
Has anyone else tried getting hold of gadget boy. I tried PMing him last week to see whether he will be doing another run but he hasn't opened it. maybe his inbox is full or something.

I've only tried getting hold of him for 4 months :?
I tried messaging him on the Facebook early bay group as well.
I would guess he's very busy and knows there's a call for these tow bars. Thing is I need one so gonna look for an alternative now.

r73 said:
Dubble-trouble said:

I've only tried getting hold of him for 4 months :?
I tried messaging him on the Facebook early bay group as well.
I would guess he's very busy and knows there's a call for these tow bars. Thing is I need one so gonna look for an alternative now.

I know what you mean. the trouble is there's nothing out there that matches the design of these towbars :(

Well It doesn't look like Gadget is going to make any more of these towbars, unfortunately :cry: does anyone know where anything similar can be found.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts