• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Propex heating - GROUP BUY

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevH

Reaction score
I know that we have had a couple of recent group buys on here, but I missed them both.

Is there any interest in another group buy?

maybe a little later in the year.. it's a bit premature for me at the moment... ask me again around Nov/Dec and yeah, I could well be up for it...

Cheers Shorty.

It's never easy to time this sort of thing. Nov/Dec has a whiff of Xmas about it, and with an anticipated cost of around £400 it is a significant outlay at the best of times :roll:

It seems to take forever to get this sort of thing off the ground anyway.

I'll see what the general feeling is.

I'll be sure to wrap it up and pop a bow on it for my bus in that case! :lol:

See what you're saying fella.. I'll keep an eye on the interest.. if suffiecient, it may be worth me jumping in earlier than I'd planned to..

I've an interest but need to convince the wife. Timing's not an issue, so I'll keep an eye on this..
Cheers..

I do know the guys at propex so I might be able to get a deal on this. Let me enquire and if so I shall let you know how much and how many need to be bought to get a decent price.

tintin said:
I do know the guys at propex so I might be able to get a deal on this. Let me enquire and if so I shall let you know how much and how many need to be bought to get a decent price.

Can't say fairer than that. Cheers Tintin.

i had one in the last group buy, and much thanks to pete nice for sorting it, but guys to be honest you end up saving maybe £40 from the cost new from bluebird, is it really worth waiting until the time you actually need one (nov onwards) to save less than a tank of petrol?

rickyrooo1 said:
i had one in the last group buy, and much thanks to pete nice for sorting it, but guys to be honest you end up saving maybe £40 from the cost new from bluebird, is it really worth waiting until the time you actually need one (nov onwards) to save less than a tank of petrol?

That is the dilemma I guess. I have been watching the Firetec group buy thread and they are really struggling to get the required number for a 40% discount. That helps illustrate the problem with group buys, and reluctance of Propex to offer an attractive deal.

Not sure which way to jump on this one. :|

the only good thing about when pete does one is he don't mess about, it was summat like a fortnight from saying are you in to him sorting it, i see your firetec thing on here has been going on for months, deadlines are required in group buys, too much faffing, i got a firetec off the late bay group buy (2nd time round) the 1st one took months the 2nd one took weeks, giving people too much time gives them chance to mess about, you'll soon hear "it's too close to xmas" off people.

rickyrooo1 said:
the only good thing about when pete does one is he don't mess about, it was summat like a fortnight from saying are you in to him sorting it, i see your firetec thing on here has been going on for months, deadlines are required in group buys, too much faffing, i got a firetec off the late bay group buy (2nd time round) the 1st one took months the 2nd one took weeks, giving people too much time gives them chance to mess about, you'll soon hear "it's too close to xmas" off people.

Couldn't agree more the firetec buy has took far to long due to people mucking around with details etc, and i do feel for the guy who is trying to organise it. there needs to be deadlines and if you haven't got the cash dont put your name down that way there are no hold ups and these buys are a good way of saving a few quid for shiney things.

Right guys

spoken to my man in Propex and i can get them for £400 inc vat
postage is £15.00 next day courier UK mainland.

I need to order 5 pieces or more to get this price

List your details below if you want one and i shall organise it for you.
Once we have the right number of people (as long as it doesnt take forever)
We can then arrange payment and get these heaters to you before it gets cold.

PM if you want any more info.

rickyrooo1 said:
decent price matey i'll pop it on the late site if you like?

Feel free as i know people will want them quickly so the sooner we get a few together the sooner i can get them in and shipped.

done, you might wanna edit the title of your thread to include "group buy" or start a dedicated one? not wanting to tell you what to do just might get sorted quicker for you all, as i say i've got one and they are the dogs.

Just to add to this as i forgot to mention it. The price is for the single outlet version.

tintin said:
spoken to my man in Propex and i can get them for £400 inc vat
postage is £15.00 next day courier UK mainland.

I need to order 5 pieces or more to get this price

List your details below if you want one and i shall organise it for you.
Once we have the right number of people (as long as it doesnt take forever)
We can then arrange payment and get these heaters to you before it gets cold.

PM if you want any more info.

1) Delilahtoo

Latest posts