Rear Arch Closing Plate - Sanity Check!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick-Rackham

Reaction score
Any chance of a sanity check please? The closing plates on my rear arches had disappeared so I just need confirmation of what's right please!

Wrong?
0345.jpg

Right?
0346.jpg

Also, how does the top of the closing plate fit with the joint between the rear of the tub and the front edge of the battery tray? between them? behind the battery tray?

Thanks in advance

ON A LATE :roll: the closing panel is part of the arch ,not a seperate panel.think it mght be the same on a early.

Sorry about the underseal. There's def a join there from manufacture - I remember noticing when I was poking about. I'd tuck the closing panel between the tub and the battery tray. Makes sense for water run-off.
SDC13965.jpg

Well I said I wouldnt post photos again but heres how I did mine 8)

I had to extend it a little but did I so it kept a factory lookinf join (even though I'm technically creating a possible water trap :( )

DSCN3110.jpg

Thanks all, just needed confirmation that the folds are on the reverse under the battery tray, and looks like I'll be tucking it betweem the end of the tub and the tray. :)

Latest posts