Rear cushion and overriders

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Hi,

Was there a thin plywood plate underneath the rear cushion of a 1970 westy campmobile?
I have seen a few but i don't know if it is original and mine is missing.
And i have a question about my overriders, all the pics i see here are higher then the ones i have, infact i have never seen overriders that have the same size!
Are they original or aftermarket ones?

100_2620.jpg

Cheers, DH

i cant say i have ever seen those overriders before, but then i am new to the EB scene, although i would say they look to be upside down!

love the van though!

agree the overriders look upside down. my rear cushion is og, never been recovered, and it does not have any ply in it. :D

Thx axel for the compliment :D

The thing with the plywood is, is that its not in the cushion but as a loose plate on top of the engine bay underneath the cushion.

Overiders at front are the same and it could be that they are upside down, gone check that out.'

Cheers, DH

overriders are deffo upside down...easy fix...my bus came with wood cut to size of parcel shelf..think it looks standard fit, again easy to replicate :wink:
ste :mrgreen:

Not a fan of overiders, but have to agree with the others, look to be upside down!
Anyhow, bugger the overiders, how straight and lovely is that bus???!!!!
What an absolutely georgous thing, you are a very, very lucky man!

Seen afew buses with those overriders on and yours look usd. My bus has got a birch panel under the rear cushion and looks factory, stops your cushion getting the shape of the pressing on it.
NICE BUS

We have these overriders on our front bumper.

The van is in storage at the moment, but I am pretty sure that the bolts only lined up with the holes in the bumpers one way round.

Thx for the flowers (as we say in Holland) :mrgreen:

Yes the van is very straight en has a superb paintjob in and out.
But the interior needs some tlc, mustard yellow leather is shabby and is gone be renewed.
Also the birch ceilling panels are to be renewed, and some work on the brakes as well and not to forget the engine.
The engine will be a fully ballanced 1641 with a oldshool German Riechert 34pci carburator set,remote oilcooler with thermostat, and some very nice cilinder heads (max output +/- 70 hp), i had this setup in a beetle convertible and gives loads of torq with a nice fuel consumption.
Because i'm driving a towbar the (performance) exhaust choice is very limmited, so now i'm gone use a original sebring beetle exhaust and cut of the end pipes and fix 2 original bus pipes to the left and right.
I will come up with pics of these changes guys no worrys 8)

Latest posts