Rear seatbelt fixing point pictures

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both of you are indeed correct :wink: Just been out looking at the mounting points as I need to fit the rear belt for the child seat now. The only problem is that I have a R&R bed which i've bolted through the hole where the seatbelt mount goes :roll: Not a problem as all i'll do is move the inertia part of the belt over, redrill the hole and put a plate on the back of the nut in the wheel arch to mount this too :D If anyone needs to know where the mounting points are and how the belts fit the JK brochure has a great little guide 8)
Oh and panel vans have no mounting points for belts so you'll have to put your own in if required :roll:
Hope this helps anyone who's fitting belts in the back :D

Yeah as mentioned, no seat belt mounts nor seat slot plate things in the floor in panelvans. :-(

Here's a picture to demonstrate.
430318.jpg

On second thought... not the best example is it? All those dodgy holes are NOT factory ones, they are the result of it being camper-ified at some point.

Cheers, A.

Justin & Mutley said:
As promised, pictures of interior showing possible rear seatbelt fixing points; I can't see any on the floor though, I'm sure the keyhole slots are for microbus seats - comments most welcome... (excuse the holes - I'm getting there!)

Arearfloornearside.jpg

Acentrepillaroffside.jpg

I'm pretty sure you'd have seen these points - even with your interior fitted - sorry I can't be of more help :(

The keyhole slots are for the Microbus seats and Westfalia use them as well

WHS ^^^and the seat belt mountings should ber on the arches and on the wall just above the rear vents out of shot in yer pic.....

This is a well useful post. Where did people get the seat belts from and wh type are they? Will I need extra long ones for fitting a child seat? Cheers

I'm sorry for being thick but I'm confused :?

I understand the top mounting bracket for a 3 point belt, also the mounting on the inside, but where does the outside lower one go (i.e the other end of the one fitted on the top mount)? - is there a mounting point on or near the wheel arch or floor?

Also - as I have a Westy cupboard the other side so am thinking about a 3/4 point harness instead of a lap belt - has anyone fitted on of these - do they fit?

sparco2.jpg

sparco.jpg

MMMC said:
This is a well useful post. Where did people get the seat belts from and wh type are they? Will I need extra long ones for fitting a child seat? Cheers

any clues please chaps...I need to get these bought?

Anyone got an idea what length these rear seat belts need to be?
I'm thinking of popping down the scrap yard and seeing if I can get some in temporarily while I save the pennies for some coloured ones!

Also - Do inertia reels not have to be orientated properly?

no idea on length but yes they do need to be orientated correctly.... they have a specified tollerance off angle.......

Hi

Ive just looked at your seat belt installation. The lower point you have attached the long belt to is incorrect, there should be a fixing point on your rear wheel tub just below where it meets the rear bulk head. The reel mounting and the buckle mounting are correct, be careful the body point you have attached the other fixing to was not designed to take the load from a belted occupant.

Would you like me to post pictures of the belts on my van.

Regards

Ian (Bentley engineer)

Hi

These pics show the long end lower mounting out board, and the short end mounting inboard.

I think the reason there are 4 positions on the rear bulk head is to enable the mounting of a center lap belt.

Hope these help.

Regards

Ian

Attachments

• seat belt mounts 2.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,949
  • seat belt mounts.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 2,881
I taken a couple of pictures as i think they will say a lot more than i can type :lol:
P1010014.jpg

Even had a middle lap seat belt fitted which i didn't expect or ask for 8)

P1010015.jpg

P1010016.jpg

A view of both sides showing the brackets that were made to lift the seat belt to shoulder height for an adult or a childs seat(the main reason for having b3 point belts fitted!)

P1010017.jpg

Instead of using long reach belts Lee fitted a brace bar between the wheel arches and mounted the lock parts of the belts to this. Also adds a bit of strength to the van.
Fitted curtisy of Lee @ volksmagic

froggy said:
P1010016.jpg

Instead of using long reach belts Lee fitted a brace bar between the wheel arches and mounted the lock parts of the belts to this. Also adds a bit of strength to the van.
Fitted curtisy of Lee @ volksmagic

Perfect! Do you know where these upright parts are from? A donor vehicle? I can see they're connected at the base, but are they connected to the side too?

These were custom made to fit. My van is a panel van conversion so it didn't have any mountings everything had to be made to fit.

Latest posts