Rear shocks 2 spline drop?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

le catweasel

Reaction score
Guys on a 2 spline rear drop which shocks would you recommend?

Are KYBs an option or is there something better suited? Ride quality isnt too much of an issue but will they need to be shorter?

Thanks

Only way to get the correct ones mate is to mark the shock when the van is jacked up and with full load then measure. One you know where your bus sits you can order the correct shorter shocks, otherwise you run the risk of wasting your hard earned.

Yeah as said you need to lower and then measure,

So lower the van, put it back on its wheels (with no shocks on the rear) with all the weight inside, interior, engine etc, then push the van forward and back to let the suspension settle, then measure from the centre of the top and bottom shock mounting bolt hole. This gives you a central measurement which you need to pitch in the middle of the range of travel of a shock. You can call 01273 444 000 and one of the seals team here can help once you have the measurement.

As said if you dont do it this way your likely to buy a shock that will top out or bottom out, causing it to prematurely fail.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Alex

KYB's were one of the best improvements I made to my bus, can't comment on the other makes only these, my old ones were obviously well shot. 1 spline drop

Latest posts