Recommendations for camping near Croyde or Woolacombe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave M

Reaction score
We're planning a trip to Devon over the bank holiday at the end of May & are after any recommendations for sites.

We'd never been to Devon until last May & really liked the area. We stayed at Twitchen House just outside of Woolacombe, but don't fancy going back after the regular nightly arrival of the local plod to brake up fights, & arrest other drunken campers :x .

We will be haeding down in 2 lowered bays so somewhere with reasonable entry roads would be nice (although not esstential as I'm used to the exhaust scraping on everything :lol: )

We'll have a 7 year old with us so looking for somewhere that allows kids.

Cheers.

Hi

I would go Ruda every time as its right on the beach at Croyde. You do pay for this but has great facilities (swimming pool, coffe shop, fish and chip shop, pub, spar!! etc) on site if the weather isn't behaving itself. Although it is part of a chain its not quite as hi di hi as some of the other big chain parks and mainly full of well behaved groups of surfers and young families. The security is pretty tight also.

http://www.parkdeanholidays.co.uk/devon-holidays/ruda/accommodation/touring-camping-park.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We only live 30 mins away and still use it when we are too "tired" to drive home!

Ive been to north morte farm just outside woolacombe. not the flatest of sites but great veiws, fresh breadin the morning and a van that comes onto the site selling prepared fish for the BBQ,had some great sea bass in garlic and corriander!

Paulwillie1000 said:
Ive been to north morte farm just outside woolacombe. not the flatest of sites but great veiws, fresh breadin the morning and a van that comes onto the site selling prepared fish for the BBQ,had some great sea bass in garlic and corriander!

Just tried them but they're fully booked :(

Dave M said:
Paulwillie1000 said:

Just tried them but they're fully booked :(

Go to Lobb Fields dood near saunton ;) ace place 8)

Pure camping is just down the road. Very basic, and only room for maybe 6 buses max, but very chilled. Electric hook up, showers, fire pit, very cheap. We were shocked at how basic it was when we arrived, let's just say that they have a great web designer, but it turned out to be our favourite site. If you have it all to yourself and your friends then I honestly couldn't think of a better way to spend a few nights. If you're there with strangers, then they probably won't be strangers for long. Be aware though that the men's and ladies showers are in the same small block, and the only way to differentiate between them is by the colour of the curtain. I almost had a very embarrassing moment when my mate's wife walked in just as I'd put my pants on. All the girls said they wouldn't risk the showers, but then changed their mind without telling me!

Latest posts