Registration fee question s

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_azza

Reaction score
The £55 fee can that be a postal cheque? Also the proof of insurance? I only have a few emails can I just leave them out as they check online or shall I print it all out? Also on registering is it all original documents? Cheers

The fee can be paid by cheque
Print off the certificate of insurance and enclose that
All original documents need to be sent - however take photocopies of ALL of them as it is highly unlikely they will be returned (mine wernt)
Send it recorded signed for postage as they have been known to loose applications - Ned's Beetle was the last one I heard about them loosing ALL the registration paperwork.

Thinking outside the box and dealing with he issue hi pathetically ;) I wonder what would happen if you had a brainstorm and rang up asking how your application was getting on. To everyone's horror it would appear that '''All is lost ''' however the saving grace is that you have copies that you could send in in a second attempt and you could cancel the cheque ;) which you happen to know the number of as well, and you could send the next cheque out of the book. So in reality you would still have all the original paperwork for your archives. That way the originals would never be lost.

Ozziedog ',,,,,,,, I would never do such a thing :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

Depends who you get doing the paperwork and how picky/what mood their in as well

I got a lambretta import sent back once cause the cheque wasn't in the registered persons name

make sure its in your own name

I had my mam write me a cheque as I don't have a chequebook!

It's worth while writing a little cover letter noting everything you've included. Do as much as you can to make their job easy and it'll pay off! I sent an SAE and asked for the title and all the docs I had sent to them to be returned to me which apparently they don't usually do - they stamped it with a DVLA stamp and sent it back so I have it to keep forever which is a nice touch in the history folder if I ever come to sell it!

As above it depends who's desk it lands on, but the easier you make it the quicker you'll have it back.

Mine was about 10 days from start to finish.

Latest posts