replacement MDF sliding door trim cards 1969- that fit!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonbus

Reaction score
i bought some goodly time back a sliding door card VW T2 Bay 1969–1979 from JK and it didnt fit .
I remember there being an issue with the holes not lining up.
I see now jk state that "the cards only fit later sliding door August 1969 onwards with curved lower corners "

Anyone know of a supplier of the earlier mdf cards?

cheers

Are you sure they are wrong, the holes should not line up exactly with the holes in the door as the holes are there to insert the trim clip into that then sits offset from the hole in the card but lines up with the holes in the door.

i think so..it was a few years back ( i have been out of action) when I tried and remember the guy from our vdub garage saying he had the same problems with the cards he bought about that time for renovations.
But I will dust it off and try again

i bought a set not from jk i had the same thing sliding door one not fitting :? but it was more to do with the shape at the bottom i think sent the chap a paper templat and he made me on he didnt know they were diffrant

rich

There is a difference in shape between early and later buses but from your post I thought it was the holes that didn't line up?

Graham L said:
There is a difference in shape between early and later buses but from your post I thought it was the holes that didn't line up?

tbh Graham.. it was so long ago ii was looking to fit it that I cant remember.. i think it may have been holes and size of card.
I am having a bus day today so will refresh my memory :D

Graham L said:
Are you sure they are wrong, the holes should not line up exactly with the holes in the door as the holes are there to insert the trim clip into that then sits offset from the hole in the card but lines up with the holes in the door.

ok definitely doesn't fit.
when lining the holes up on the top, the ard isnt deep enough to go anywhere near the holes on the bottom of the door :?

Latest posts