reverse light circuit

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butty84

Reaction score
trying to get my van to function as it should as the PO deceided to rip the speedo etc out along with any other wires he could find that would make my life that little bit more difficult! today i was trying to get the reverse lights to work but then discovered that there is no feed from the coil to power the bleeders. so with the van running and in reverse gear i tried the wire going to the gearbox switch (which is working according to the continuity tester) on the spare spade on the coil which upon contact caused the engine to stall momentarily so that ended that little experiment!! does it need to be connected before firing up as i didnt really want to do that incase i am doing something totally wrong but it did seem to cause a massive drain on something, thus causing the engine to stall.

butty84 said:
trying to get my van to function as it should as the PO deceided to rip the speedo etc out along with any other wires he could find that would make my life that little bit more difficult! today i was trying to get the reverse lights to work but then discovered that there is no feed from the coil to power the bleeders. so with the van running and in reverse gear i tried the wire going to the gearbox switch (which is working according to the continuity tester) on the spare spade on the coil which upon contact caused the engine to stall momentarily so that ended that little experiment!! does it need to be connected before firing up as i didnt really want to do that incase i am doing something totally wrong but it did seem to cause a massive drain on something, thus causing the engine to stall.

Wrong side of coil ?
Wired mine up the wrong side - every time I put it in reverse the engine cut out ;)

I hope there where 2 of u, if u had the engine and in reverse..

the Black reverse light feed wire needs to go on the + or 15 marked wire.. with the other black wire and not with the green wire that goes to the condensor

Jon

yep my old fella was chief starter!! cheers for that chaps I shall put your advice to good use as soon as its light.......

Latest posts