road tax anti-climax

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marco

Reaction score
Just taxed me van for another 12 months, no disc to show for it :(
might stick the south african one in the holder :mrgreen:

I had one of these in my front window since the beginning of the season..!! Kept forgetting to take it out..!!?? ;) ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAX-DISCS-6-QUALITY-REPLICA-REPRODUCTION-ALL-CORRECT-FONTS-YEAR-MONTH-1921-2010-/301301683243?pt=UK_Collectables_OtherTransportation_RL&hash=item4626fad42b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah all the tax discs in the country have been destroyed or returned by all the branches. Except for one! I'm probably the only person in the world who owns a blank unused 2015 tax disc. But my current ones, I'll probably keep them on and drive about with out of date tax discs and have some fun with the busy-bodies who don't know about the changes. Or buy a four month 1970 disc for the van when the novelty wears thin. :)

You need to watch out when you buy or sell a car though. The tax doesn't belong to the car anymore, it belongs to the owner. So if you sell a car, the new buyer must then immediately buy a licence before he can drive off with his new car. So the government now double dips for one month, charges both the owner and the new owner when the car changes hands. You sell it to a car dealer and he sells it within a month, the government gets three lots of taxes for that month. So if you go for a test drive and YOU don't have it taxed, you'll get done. So tell us how that's going to work George Osbourne and cheers for ruining my tax disc holder business.

I just got my tax disc, it's printed on an A4 paper with instructions to cut out the disc as it is no longer perforated. Apparently it does need to be displayed until the end of the month.

Latest posts