Rocky the Campmobile ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toffo,

With that paint job and that engine you've gotta feel proud.
Great work on the project and good luck with the re-build. I'm not surprised you opted for the Firetec system, it must give you peace of mind after all that work !

What a top paint job !! Looks like silk. Really enjoying the thread, Keep it up and looking forward to the next post :D

Thanks for all the comments on our thread , it just what we need to keep on plugging on.
Andy
The heather tubes are stainless steel, they are made by CSP but not available in the UK at present , I shipped them across from California.

Not to expensive if you ship some other small items along with the tubes, bitch to cut though , I used a cop saw with a non-ferous cutting blade. Done the trick though.

I know that you have been wondering how I was going to get round the header issue running with H/E issue.

Cheers for the reply - might have a look at them and see what other trinkets they have :mrgreen:

Hi just though I would post up some pictures of the Interior preparation before our new interior wood panels arrive, I have taken a friends advice and sound deadened the opening panels and then insulated the interior and roof with triple core aluminium foil, this stuff is light and efficient.
I hope to have the Engine is next weekend, brake conversion is now on order so should come together quickly now.

Before
DSCF1030.jpg

DSCF1035.jpg

After Sound deadening has been applied
DSCF1034.jpg

The finished Article should be quieter and warmer now.

DSCF1037.jpg

DSCF1036.jpg

DSCF1038.jpg

Looking good 8)

Which sound deadening material did you go for?

Hi Andy , We used Silent coat , you can get it off ebay for around 38 pounds

Hope your resto is taking shape ok

Stuff looks good (I have heard of that stuff before) - do you have to fill the whole panel with it or just key areas?

Ahh, the resto. The garage where the van is located, the owner has been away for perhaps 6 of the last 8 Saturdays (the only day I can make it) so not moved alot :( . Thanks for asking though :D

Good resto fella , Hope to see it together soon

I love a Blue Westy !

Its in ! Its taken a while to get to this point , just got to prime the oil system and get it running now.

engine2.jpg

enginein.jpg

Interior wood pannels have been delivered and just need to be varnisehed and fitted. A set of louver windowsis arriving next week so we be waterproof once more!

I will take some more pictures today if I get a chance.

Looking good Pete, I'll pop down next week to sort out the exhaust. I can see what you mean now about it not fitting properly :roll:

No problem -Ade, It just needs a very small tweek or turn a couple of degrees so it's straight

Hi Pete

Bet you are pretty excited, just thought I would see how you were getting on. Nice to see the attention to detail at all levels, keep it up.

Any goals you are heading for? Vanfest, BB, Volksworld 2012.

Hope you manage to fit in a few outings this year.

Keep up the good work.

Simon

Looking good Pete - will have to get deails of bodyshop etc from you later :mrgreen:

Thank for the comments guys., as for a target , it would be nice to be finished for BB, I don't know as it will be finished when it finished. I defiantly want to take to to Volksworld 2012

Hi Simo,
Well I have got my CSP brake kit, but haven’t fitted it yet , I will take some pics at the weekend after BB, so you can see where I am up to, we have been varnishing and making curtains, an cushion covers, I have ordered the flooring and I have spent some time plumbing in the engine, oil lines , fuel lines etc. Mounted the Roof rack, cut the floor out in my garage so the bus went in with the roof rack fitted in place.

I have had my exhaust adjusted by Ade fits perfectly now!
Pumped the oil through last weekend and will attempt to get it started very soon. I had fun renewing all of the petrol pipes with flame retardant stuff, got a free bath in petrol!
I have also been polishing the louver windows and trying to sort out a professional re-trim on the front seats. But work has been manic at present so not much time has been spent on the bus recently!

Are you going to BB?
?

Latest posts