Rocky the Campmobile ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool- sounds like your making progress still, i wondered what had happened to you :msn4:
I was going to bb and then on to parkfarm on the sat night, but only realised i have a family wedding on fri , doh! so not gonna make it this year, i like the fri night camping at hook rd bit, then trundle down to brighton in the morning!
Looks like the weather could be good this year too!
As Sparky said - Get those pics up :mrgreen:

Well, finally I have had a chance to get some more work done. I have finished putting in the engine in and finish running new petrol pipes.
IMG00398-20111008-1334.jpg

IMG00397-20111008-1333.jpg

IMG00395-20111008-1333.jpg

I have also had a chance to varnish all of the wooden panels , they just need a light sand and second coat and they will be ready for fitting.
IMG00394-20111008-1332.jpg

Mark at Morecombe and Wise , sent a really good louver window to me that had come up very well, I spent a whole day polishing up the Window and fitting some new rubbers.

IMG00391-20111008-1332.jpg

Not far off now , I will get the engine running next, fit the wooden panels and sort out the wiring fault and the brakes.
IMG00402-20111009-1731.jpg

IMG00406-20111009-1739.jpg

IMG00404-20111009-1738.jpg

I will post up some more pictures of the interior and brakes soon.

I am just happy that all of the windows are in. It been a long time since the bus was water tight!

Looking very 8)...but :oops: won't that Bugpack breather box drip oil all over that nice clean engine? they have a gauze and foam in the top to trap oil inside them and feed it back to the engine, mounting it that way will let the accumulating oil to just pour out!!

:)

Hi Moler, thanks for the heads up on the breather box.I suppose I could use the oil resistant sealant and just replace this seal after cleaning. Alternatively Ade at Till is making some cool breather boxes now. so if it leakes I will trade it for a Till special version.

Thanks again for the advice :

Hi Pete, glad the exhaust fits properly now.The van is looking superb,Rachel will really nag me now about the the state of ours :roll:

Here are a few pics of some oil breathers i've made, i'll play with brackets so you can hang yours from the roof of your engine bay and work on a new coil mount.

DSC00424.jpg

russsexhaust.jpg

wwwvwbugcouk-BUGJAM2011217-2.jpg

moler said:
Looking very 8)...but :oops: won't that Bugpack breather box drip oil all over that nice clean engine? they have a gauze and foam in the top to trap oil inside them and feed it back to the engine, mounting it that way will let the accumulating oil to just pour out!!

:)

Mine doesn't drip and it's been fitted for over 2 years.

003-23.jpg

Thanks Sparky, I will probabley replace mine anyway , As Till is making them really shiny ones now and i can just unbolt one and fit it staright in. Anyway hows tricks?

Hey Pete,, I don`t normally get into this bit, and I wish I hadn`t now as well :? I`m liking that breather Senor Till,, be nice if you P.M.d me about one as well :mrgreen: . So Pete , that bus of yours :shock: Whatever are you doing to it ???? Hurry up and get it dirty man,, you`re an embarrasment with a bus that clean, I ain`t letting you park up next to me until you gets him down and dirty 8) . But it IS looking extremely good, engine, bay, body, the whole lot.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Bet you`re pleased as punch :mrgreen:

beautiful bus! I always wondered what 2 tone wheels and white walls on a bay would look like. cant wait to see them all cleaned up.

How is your front lowered? Spindles only?
what brand/size tire you got there?

Latest posts