rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkywig said:
Are you going to have a ceremony when you present Stu with one this weekend? :lol:

I think he deserves one after all his hard effort to get the bus done in time!
I would have stressed myself out at the thought of attempting that in the time frame he had....... and the Ginger mist would have got the better of me! :roll:

See you Sat ABW. 8)

A bit of catching up to do.
The Spring Bank Holiday weekend came, and we had a mini camp out at the Tudor Arms.

Packed Bus.

All set up.

The sun did come out on the Friday.

Happy birthday to me, everybody else went to bed....

Oh well, cheers.

The traditional Saturday night curry cookoff.

Lovely days, mostly. F*cking freezing at night. Good job the propex was there. ;)

Almost home on the Monday, about 1/4 mile actually, ran out of fuel. Really need to fix that fuel gauge/sender issue. :roll:
Wasn't fuel related this time, the og coil had packed up. Now where's that receipt..... :lol:

This weekend was mainly playing with wheels.
Firstly off came the steering wheel. I've had the bus since February 2008, and the wheel's never been straight. :lol:

Ooops, something missing here. :shock:

The wheel came off in a couple of seconds using a tool from Neil at Lite-Steer. Just undo the nut (if you've got one...), pop the tool into the hole in the shaft and give it a whack.
No mucking about with pullers and bags of boiling water, etc.

There we go back on, with a nut from the store.

:D

More wheels.

Tried the teledials back on now the front's narrower.
With a 10mm spacer to be able to fit the centre caps.

Not sure I could live with seeing the spacer and the hub through the wheels though. :?

Porsche 6" x 16" D90s and 10mm spacer. Got 8" x 16" for the rear.

Porsche 928 7" x 16" slots, with a 10mm spacer as well.

Not sure them being white gives a good impression, so....

Hmmm, might have to get some part worns fitted and see what they're like on the floor. :msn4: :D

Not totally convinced myself yet Stu. I'lll need a 15mm spacer to be able to run the centre caps with the D90s.
Also may have clearance issues with the 8" rear rims when the tyres are fitted.
The only way to find out is to get some tyres on them. :D

sparkywig said:
Not totally convinced myself yet Stu. I'lll need a 15mm spacer to be able to run the centre caps with the D90s.

Not sure you have tried enough wheel options ... and they will need to match the eriba eventually, so what about 'stock' :lol:

cotswoldiver said:
sparkywig said:

Not sure you have tried enough wheel options ... and they will need to match the eriba eventually, so what about 'stock' :lol:

He might not be totally convinced, but that`s never stopped him before. It don`t matter what wheels he puts on there, they don`t stay on there long enough to fall out with them anyhow.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, They come,,,, they go,,,, (back in the garage) :mrgreen:

So today I finally got my finger out and had the TT exhaust modified for greater ground clearance. Or so I can lower the rear end more.....

Before.

After a trip to Infinity Exhausts. Very pleased with the service.

All I need to do now is stop the f*cking rocker cover covers leaking again....

The only way I could stop mine leaking was to buy the silicon one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/361442545597?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=9045056&poi=&campaignid=207297426&device=c&adgroupid=13585920426&rlsatarget=aud-133395220626%3Apla-146857563666&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=122&ff19=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also running silicone gaskets Si - although to completely cure the issue I went for the CSP bolt on covers too
Has an integral oil seal that sits below the standard gasket and havent lost a single drop since :D

Latest posts